Silly question about numbered maps!

• swisscat
    Participant
    18 posts
    28 June 2014 at 22:19:22 #806473

On many maps e.g. the one on the “How to travel on the Lake Thun boats” there are numbered red and blue squares but no key – do these represent train routes, lines etc? There are also red and blue ‘scribbles’ – are they ski lifts and ski runs? On some other maps there are numbered items that seem to denote tourist spots. My problem is that none of them seem to have a key or index to the symbols/numbers. Do you know of any sources that combine this information with a way to decode the information or maps that show the relationships between train, bus, cable car, gondola ski lift and boat routes with footpaths?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    29 June 2014 at 10:35:06 #840346

Hi swisscat,

This isn’t a silly question at all. There are many, many tourist maps for Switzerland, and they all look different. But I don’t know which one you are referring to. Can you point out the exact page (URL) where you found this map?

In general I can say that there are two maps that I frequently use:

• The thread ‘Silly question about numbered maps!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.