Simly prepaid data card from zurich airport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2016 at 7:11:28 #808925

Whether Swiss prepaid data card offered by simly can be purchased from Zurich airport at 8.30 pm. Is it operational the moment it is inserted in the mobile?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 April 2016 at 9:02:48 #850830

Welcome ankitaj111!

The Swisscom store at the airport should be able to get you online instantly, but I don’t know their products in details. Alternatively there are several SIM cards you can buy beforehand so you’ll be online as soon as you’ve arrived: myswissalps.com/ simcard. I noticed you live in India, and option 1 on that page is unfortunately not available for shipping to India at the moment. Option 2 and 3 are available though.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2016 at 10:57:32 #850831

Thanks Arno for your prompt reply.

I would be arriving at the airport at 8.30 pm on Sunday. Would the swisscom store be open at the time?

Or alternatively, would i have alternate options at that time?

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 April 2016 at 11:19:15 #850832

You’re welcome! They’re open from 8 AM to 9 PM every day. If you’re not in time I would suggest to buy a card next day.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2016 at 8:23:27 #850833

Hi Arno

I wonder if the physical shops at Zurich airport also offer SIM card similar to the that in http://www.myswissalps.com/si mcard at comparable prices, as I am departing in 2 days and delivery to my home country (Hong Kong) is probably not a feasible option?

Thanks

Jeremy

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 April 2016 at 8:44:20 #850834

Hi Jeremy,

It’s indeed too late for delivery. The Swisscom shop at the airport won’t have the same card, but they should be able to get you online.

• The thread ‘Simly prepaid data card from zurich airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.