Geneva to Zweisimmen separate tix for Golden Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2017 at 18:51:48 #810751

We are travelling from GVA to Zweisimmen for a week of skiing with the kids. Do I need to book seperately for the Golden Pass from Montreux to Zweisimmen? Or can I just book one return for each of us. Also, best to make seat reservations with the kids? I know they love to travel by train and have a good view of the scenery. Thanks for the help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2017 at 9:08:16 #858740

Hi bvant17 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You don’t need to book separate tickets for these two routes. Simply go to the Swiss rail (SBB) timetable here.

Enter Geneva and Zweisimmen as your from/to towns and the date for travel. After that you will see a list of trains you can take – all trains will have at least one change – click the + sign to see where the change is. Most change at Montreux…this is what you want to buy. It may help to go to the advanced options tab and enter VIA Montreux.

You must also ensure it says it is the panoramic train under comments from Montreux to Zweisimmen.

For a group of 4 I would probably recommend reservations so you ensure you all sit together.

Click here for more details on the route, pricing and ticket information for the Golden Pass Panoramic train.

Hope that helps!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2017 at 8:19:28 #858741

Thanks Lucas,

Big help to me – much appreciated. One additional question: I saw that in order to get the panoramic train I need to make the 12:20 departure from GVA. Landing at 11AM that should be ok, but if I miss it, is the ticket still valid for the next departure?

Thx once more,

Bas

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 February 2017 at 9:09:40 #858742

Hi Bas,

Regular tickets are valid for all trains on the day printed on the ticket, so no problem to take a later train. Seat reservations are only for one specific train, but you don’t need them. Supersaver tickets are for one specific train too, so don’t buy those.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2017 at 9:19:15 #858743

Wonderful Arno,m thanks for the help. Looking forward to the trip with the kids.

• The thread ‘Geneva to Zweisimmen separate tix for Golden Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.