Sledding in Early December

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 November 2012 at 19:27:42 #805686

Can anyone give any suggestions on where my family would be able to go sledding in early December. It appears most websites say that sledding begins mid-December. I understand that it depends on the snow fall but which mountain would be our best option (Jungfraujoch, Titlis, Rigi, Pilatus or any other suggestion). We are in Interlaken (3 – 6 December) and Luzern (6 – 10 December). Many thanks for any advice received.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    9 November 2012 at 10:50:26 #837388

Welcome wandshedley! Your stay is a bit too early in the winter season for sledding. Most options in the Jungfrau region (e.g. at Männlichen and Kleine Scheidegg) start at either December 8 or December 15. You may see if you can rent a sledge and get up at the Jungfraujoch, where there’s snow all year round. Please refer to the Jungfrau website for more information. Sledding at Pilatus and Titlis is also possible from mid-December, but the exact opening dates depend on weather circumstances and snow height. Glacier3000 offers quite some options earlier in the season, as soon as October/November, but that requires a long train ride from Interlaken. Please check the timetable for details on this trip.

I hope you have a great stay!

• The thread ‘Sledding in Early December’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.