Sleep near Grindelwald First and Jungfrauchjoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2017 at 16:20:37 #811175

Hello, I’m going to stay for 5 days in Interlaken region, and I am planning to visit Jungfrauchjoch, Grindelwald First, Schilthorn, Lautterbrunnen, and etc. Do you recommend me to sleep for one or tow nights in a mountain villa so I would not spend so many time going up and down from Interlaken to the tops? If yes, where should I stay? In Grindelwald, Wengen, or wich others villas could you suggest me to sleep?

Kind regards,

Maria

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2017 at 9:56:49 #860441

The travel times are short in the Bernese Oberland from Interlaken to “the mountains”

You can take a hotel in Interlaken (best is near the Ost station/Bahnhof) or in the small village of Wilderswil. Every 30 minutes a train to Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2017 at 13:25:37 #860442

Hello Brahms, I consider one hour (almost two hours) from Interlaken to the top a very long way. Thank you for your answer anyway. Best regards.

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 March 2017 at 14:33:26 #860443

Hi Maria,

Jungfraujoch takes indeed 2 hours from Interlaken, but that’s about the farthest trip you can make in this area. Even from Wengen it will still take 1h10 to get there. I think Lauterbrunnen would be your best option logistically, with Schilthorn on one side of the valley and Jungfraujoch on the other side. Lauterbrunnen is only 20 minutes from Interlaken though.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2017 at 20:39:37 #860444

Thanks a lot Arno. Best regards.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2017 at 21:03:59 #860445

Lauterbrunnen to Schilthorn or Jungfraujoch is shorter, Lauterbrunnen to First is longer……

I think a trip from one hour by train in a nice scenary is also holyday. On what time you want on the top in the morning.

Debra
    Participant
    156 posts
    3 April 2017 at 1:06:53 #860446

It looks like the Hotel Wetterhorn may be in line with what you are looking for? On map it lookjs like it is situated between Grosse Scheidegg and Grindelwald. I also see the Berghotel Grosse Scheidegg and, if you’re into a bit of hiking, a visit to either the Gleckstein Hut or Berghaus Baregg.

At Kleine Scheidegg there is listed the Hotel Bellevue des Alpes. (Kev Reynolds guide book)

Also in Stechelberg there is listed the Alpenhof and Hotel Stechelberg.

Hope this helps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2017 at 7:05:10 #860447

Hi Mafilipa,

If you are still looking for hotels, be sure to take a look at the hotels we recommend in the Swiss towns we linked in the above posts as well. 🙂

Cheers,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2017 at 8:04:28 #860448

Hotel Wetterhorn and Hotel Stechelberg are not good situated when you travel by train.

Debra
    Participant
    156 posts
    3 April 2017 at 14:57:54 #860449

I was thinking if they wanted to keep their luggage at the train station in Interlaken they can take a backpack and stay up in that area. Sorry for the confusion.

• The thread ‘Sleep near Grindelwald First and Jungfrauchjoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.