Thanks for the Soglio tip Alpenrose!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2017 at 20:38:15 #812631

Hi Alpenrose

Proper reports will come later but I just wanted to say thank you for your suggestion about Soglio as we have just had a lovely relaxing first excursion in the Engadine after arriving here yesterday. Thanks to your information we had no problems planning and doing the trip and it was definitely worth it. That road down from Maloja with all the twists and turns is spectacular! I actually have a photo from last year taken from the Belvedere tower of those hair-pin bends. We were even provided with a voucher by our hotel for a meal at Hotel Soglina of “Gnocchi mit Kastanienmehl” which was gnocchi made with chestnut flour in chestnut and mushroom sauce with a few lovely crunchy chestnuts and was delicious. We followed it up with huge ice-cream desserts! Very naughty!

More later.

Maggie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2017 at 3:41:24 #866895

Hi Maggie,

Glad you enjoyed Soglio! It truly is a beautiful village in a spectacular setting, and what a great way to start this year’s adventure!

The Maloja Pass is one of my favourite passes in Switzerland (although I must admit I have a LOT of passes on that list!!) I would love to see that photo of the Maloja Pass from the Belvedere Tower when you are back home and have some time.

The “Gnocchi mit Kastanienmehl” sounds delicious, and like you, I find it hard to pass on those magnificent ice-cream concoctions!

Looking forward very much to hearing more about your trip when you have time. Happy travels!

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Thanks for the Soglio tip Alpenrose!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.