Sparbillette Sargans to Tirano

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2015 at 0:54:58 #807796

Hi, I am looking at tickets on the SBB website. There are discounted tickets available from Sargans to Tirano (roughly half-price). Are these tickets only valid on the listed trains ? I am worried because I am travelling with two elderly passengers, and some of the connections have only two or three minutes between trains. If I miss a train, then are these tickets invalid for the rest of the journey ?

I also looked at the ticket conditions for the international ticket from Lindau to Tirano. Here, it seems that it is only the mandatory reservation between Feldkirch and Sargans that is limited to that particular train. In this case, if I miss that train due to a short connection time (or a delayed train), will I just have to pay the reservation fee ?

Thanks !!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 August 2015 at 10:19:56 #845571

Hi suresh,

The Sparbilletten (Supersaver tickets in English) are only valid for one train, so you don’t want to miss that. I don’t know about all your travel plans, but it might be worth it to buy Swiss Half Fare Cards. Tickets will be 50% cheaper then, and you won’t be bound to a specific train. Please see the link for all the details.

I would not expect trains between Feldkirch and Sargans to require a reservation. Are you sure about that? The timetable should display an ‘R’ in a square symbol if that’s indeed the case. If it does require reservations and you miss the train, you will usually only need a new reservation, if the next train requires reservations at all. But be sure to check the ticket conditions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2015 at 11:36:32 #845572

Thank you for the very useful reply !! SBB got back to me quite promptly as well, after I used their Contact form to ask them the same question… Very best, Suresh

• The thread ‘Sparbillette Sargans to Tirano’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.