special offer refund or exchange not possible

special offer refund or exchange not possible

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
patten36
patten36
4 posts
Feb 7, 2015 - 1:57 PM

Hi,I was looking at getting some online tickets for a return trip from Zurich airport to the ski area of Lech in Austria. They are reduced fares available online. I see that I can buy them online, print out the ticket and board the train. I can see that it is non refundable etc. My worry is that I will not have enough time between landing, picking up luggage and making the 10.13 am train. We land at 9 am from Paris. Questions are, barring a late arrival, is 1 hour and 13 minutes enough time to get off the plane, pick up luggage and make it to the train? Could I use that ticket to board the next one in case I miss it? Thanks

Arno
Arno
7345 posts
expert &
Feb 7, 2015 - 6:02 PM

Hi patten36,

I'm not sure which reduced fare you're referring to. I did see an offer on the SBB site for tickets to Innsbruck from CHF 34. Is that the one? I guess you could buy such a ticket and get off the train in Langen am Arlberg (to change for the bus to Lech). As far as I can see the ticket is indeed not refundable, so you loose it if you miss that particular train. With normal tickets, you would just loose the seat reservation, which is not required for most trains anyway, so you could take the next train. I would expect 1h13 to be enough to catch the train, but of course one never knows as flight can be delayed. Immigration should not be that big of an issue with a flight within Europe. For your reference, the normal tickets can be found here. You could check their price for your travel date and time to see what the difference is.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016