special offer refund or exchange not possible

• patten36
    Participant
    4 posts
    7 February 2015 at 13:57:30 #806865

Hi,I was looking at getting some online tickets for a return trip from Zurich airport to the ski area of Lech in Austria. They are reduced fares available online. I see that I can buy them online, print out the ticket and board the train. I can see that it is non refundable etc. My worry is that I will not have enough time between landing, picking up luggage and making the 10.13 am train. We land at 9 am from Paris. Questions are, barring a late arrival, is 1 hour and 13 minutes enough time to get off the plane, pick up luggage and make it to the train? Could I use that ticket to board the next one in case I miss it? Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 February 2015 at 18:02:42 #841703

Hi patten36,

I’m not sure which reduced fare you’re referring to. I did see an offer on the SBB site for tickets to Innsbruck from CHF 34. Is that the one? I guess you could buy such a ticket and get off the train in Langen am Arlberg (to change for the bus to Lech). As far as I can see the ticket is indeed not refundable, so you loose it if you miss that particular train. With normal tickets, you would just loose the seat reservation, which is not required for most trains anyway, so you could take the next train. I would expect 1h13 to be enough to catch the train, but of course one never knows as flight can be delayed. Immigration should not be that big of an issue with a flight within Europe. For your reference, the normal tickets can be found here. You could check their price for your travel date and time to see what the difference is.

• The thread ‘special offer refund or exchange not possible’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.