St. Moritz parking in city center

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 December 2016 at 15:03:40 #810494

we plan to stay in st moritz city center around mid may with rental car. the hotel does not have parking facilities and they tell me there is a public parking garage located nearby. I hope that doesn’t mean trying to find available parking as if u were in New York city where you cant find and when you do, pay a small fortune. since we’re in st moritz in off season, should I worry about the hassle of finding parking in city center? I can opt for other hotels who offer on site parking but they outside city center. I just have no clue how crowded st moritz will be in mid may.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    1 January 2017 at 1:34:05 #857659

Hi BillPall-

There is no “off-season” in St. Moritz.

Use the maps that I showed you in another thread concerning Kriens to locate the parking. Once you have located it, use of the internet will enable you to understand the capacity and usage rates, as well as cost.

map.search.ch/Le-Chenit?pos=784312,152486&z=51 2

The map will also guide you about what city center means.

Nothing in Switzerland is cheap.

Slowpoke

PS- if you named hotel or street address, it would be easier to deal with your questions, and provide more precise answers.

Arno
    15483 posts
    1 January 2017 at 9:40:06 #857660

Hi BillPall,

There is a large multistory parking garage called Serletta. You can reach it from the road along the lake: http://www.google.ch/maps/@46 .4965446,9.8427889,18. 12z. There are escalators down to the lake and up to the town center. It costs CHF 2 per hour during day time, and I think you can park there for CHF 100 per week.

• The thread ‘St. Moritz parking in city center’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.