St Moritz to Tirano by bus

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 December 2014 at 2:26:11 #806770

Hi

We are a Brazilian family with 2 kids that in next february will pass vacation in Switzerland for the first time. We will arrive in Zurich on 08 feb, we will stay in Interlaken (3 days) after we go to Zermatt (3 days), in the last day in Zermatt we will get the Glacier Express until St. Moritz. The next step is Milan.

We saw that the trains to Milan departures from Tirano, but from St Moritz have no trains after 17:00h.

But have buses from St Moritz to Tirano after 17.00h.

My doubts:

1 – where we can get this bus? in the same station that glacier express stop?

2 – have another way to go to Milan in the same day? ou intentation is sleep in Tirano and go to Milan in the morning.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    23 December 2014 at 15:46:42 #841443

Hi menegueco,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. There is no bus from St. Moritz to Tirano. In the evening, there will be a train from St. Moritz (same station as where the Glacier Express arrives) to Poschiavo. There you will need to change to a bus. So only the last section is a bus.

2. There is no other way to get there. I would advice to stay in St. Moritz for the night. The trip to Tirano is beautiful and more enjoyable if you do it during daylight (it will be dark around 6 PM in February). Also, after a whole day of traveling in the Glacier Express, adding another trip to Tirano is a bit much I think. Good hotels close to the rail station can be found here: myswissalps.com/stmoritz/hotels.

Does this help you out?

• The thread ‘St Moritz to Tirano by bus’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.