St Moritz to Wiesen, Davos

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2010 at 23:04:27 #803913

I would be arriving at St Moritz and from there have to go to 3star hotel called Sun Ranch which is located at Oberdorf 45, Wiesen 7494 in Davos. How can i go from St Moritz to this hotel after 6pm in the evening.
    I am actually taking Glaciar Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz. Should i get down at Chur and then catch some trains to reach this hotel. Which is the best way.. pls guide..

Secondly, with Swiss Saver Pass with 2 of us how much additional amount i have to pay per person if we travel in Wilhelm Tell Express from Lugano to Lucerne?? Is it free with Swiss Saver Pass except for the supplementary or should we shell out some amount??
    Should we skip Wilhelm and take a local regio train from Lugano till Lucerne which will go through the same line as Wilhelm so that we dont loose the scenery offered by scenic trains? We have one full day to ie leave Lugano in the morning after breakfast and reach Zurich late night so how to best utilize the train travels to reach Zurich. Is Centovalli Train free with Swiss Pass and worth doing until Brig and from there to Zurich?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    18 July 2010 at 8:05:57 #831550

Hello sanmacviv,

As for your first question:

Your hotel is situated about 1.5 km. north of the railway station of Wiesen.
    Using the Timetable Switzerland, I guess you will take the Glacier Express leaving 09:13 (Zermatt Bahnhof) and arriving 16:58 (St. Moritz Bahnhof)? Intermediate stops can be found there too. Don’t forget to make reservations for the Glacier Express if that is the train you are planning to take.

There are two options:

• You leave the Glacier Express at Filisur RhB (Rhätische Bahn) at 16:01. Within a few minutes you will have your connection to Wiesen RhB. In this case – in my view – you miss the beautiful train ride between Filisur and St. Moritz.
    • You could proceed all the way to St. Moritz, arriving there at 16:58 and going back either a few minutes, or a bout one hour later. There will be good train connections and you will have to change trains at Filisur. Going from St. Moritz to Wiesen will take about 1 hour and 15 minutes.

As for your second question:

The Swiss Saver Pass is valid for the Wilhelm Tell Express.

Please view the features of the Swiss Pass and also the area of validity. You wil have to make seat reservations (please note that the Wilhelm Tell Express is also mentioned separately). I don’t know the exact amount of costs for reservations, this will show up during the process of making the reservations, but my guess is that it will not be too much. You will have noticed that the Wilhelm Tell Express uses a boat between Flüelen and Lucerne.

I don’t see any advantage in going by regular trains from Lugano to Lucerne, unless you don’t like the boat trip.

Yes, your Swiss Pass will give you free travelling on the Centovalli train (no seat reservations required). This also is a very beautiful possibility!

Using the Timetable Switzerland you can find out whether this route will fit you.

Just to make sure you can check everything with the links given. I tried my best and I wish you a nice stay in Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2010 at 3:06:01 #831551

Thank you very much for your advice…. Ya , i have read that Chur to St Moritz is most scenic.. Now i am thinking to go till St Moritz in Glaciar Express and then back track till Wiesen in local trains with changeovers..

• The thread ‘St Moritz to Wiesen, Davos’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.