Stay at Interlaken, Grindelwald and Jungfrau

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 January 2012 at 13:52:08 #804847

Hello
    Planning to visit Interlaken, Grindelwald and Jungfrau + Lauterbrunnen waterfalls in mid of July of this year. I have many questions in my mind, Please guide me for my trip.
    1) Is it a good time to visit the above mentioned places in July, what would be the average degree ?
    Is July is the wettest month ?? how about last week of August ?? which one is better Mid july or Last week of August ??
    2) I plan to book a hotel Interlaken and go to Grindelwald and Jungfaru and get back to Interlaken hotel, is that advisable ??
    3) I would be coming from France to Swiss by train (with my wife and daughter 7 years old), You have lots of things like Swiss pass, Swiss half fare card, etc, what would be advisable to economize the ticket cost, as i heard that 50% less from Swiss boarder??
    4) Finally what are the major attractions in Interlaken, Grindelwald and Jungfrau. My stay would be maximum of 5 days

regards
    Ameen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    18 January 2012 at 13:29:33 #834660

Hello Ameen!

1) Yes, July and August are perfect months for such a visit. This climate diagram for Interlaken shows some averages on temperature and rain. These are averages though, and whether in and near the Alps is highly unpredictable. The last week of August may be a bit less touristy than mid July.

2) Yes, you can perfectly travel from a hotel in Interlaken to the Jungfraujoch and back. This trip and other trips can be found in the timetable.

3) It’s hard to say which rail pass is best, since that depends on lots of questions. This FAQ may get you started. You might want to take a closer look at the Swiss Card. The Swiss Card could be interesting in your case, since it offers a free trip from the French-Swiss border to your resort, and back again from any resort to the border or an airport. On all days in between you’ll receive a 50% discount.

4) Day trips and major attractions near Interlaken and Grindelwald are listed in the Bernese Oberland day trip overview.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2012 at 15:04:28 #834661

Thanks for your suggestion,
    Say for example if i buy Swiss card for my family i would be paying for me and my wife, would my daughter (6 years old) be included in the family card at free of cost ??.

I have read in Features of Swiss card about “a round trip from the airport or the Swiss border to your destination”, so if my itinerary would be Paris – Bâle (Basel) – Interlaken, Can i understand that my trip from Basel to Interlaken and return from Interlaken to Basel would be free of cost for my entire family if i hold the Swiss card for my family ??

thanks
    Ameen

[quote]Annika said: Hello Ameen!

1) Yes, July and August are perfect months for such a visit. This climate diagram for Interlaken shows some averages on temperature and rain. These are averages though, and whether in and near the Alps is highly unpredictable. The last week of August may be a bit less touristy than mid July.

2) Yes, you can perfectly travel from a hotel in Interlaken to the Jungfraujoch and back. This trip and other trips can be found in the timetable.

3) It’s hard to say which rail pass is best, since that depends on lots of questions. This FAQ may get you started. You might want to take a closer look at the Swiss Card. The Swiss Card could be interesting in your case, since it offers a free trip from the French-Swiss border to your resort, and back again from any resort to the border or an airport. On all days in between you’ll receive a 50% discount.

4) Day trips and major attractions near Interlaken and Grindelwald are listed in the Bernese Oberland day trip overview.[/quote]

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 January 2012 at 2:39:34 #834662

That’s entirely correct Ameen!

• The thread ‘Stay at Interlaken, Grindelwald and Jungfrau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.