Stopping overnight in Chur on the Bernina Express

Stopping overnight in Chur on the Bernina Express

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Zanoffc
Zanoffc
20 posts
Mar 10, 2016 - 3:29 PM

We are traveling the Bernina Express from Italy to Chur then heading to Lucerne to continue our Swiss journey. After being on a train for approximately 5 hours that day and getting into Chur around 7 pm that night, we thought it would be a good idea to get off at Chur and spend the night and then get up and head into Lucerne the next morning. My question is this: since we are spending very limited time in Chur, does anyone have a suggestion for an inexpensive yet safe place to spend the night that is close to the train station? I have combed a number of sites, but would like to hear from others. In addition, if anyone has any suggestions on how to do this, I'm open!

Arno
Arno
8796 posts
expert &
Mar 10, 2016 - 4:12 PM

Hi Zanoffc,

Can you add some additional information like travel date, number of people, budget you had in mind? Please see here.

Thanks!

Zanoffc
Zanoffc
20 posts
Mar 10, 2016 - 4:32 PM in reply to Arno

Yes! Arrival May 24th with a departure of May 25th. There are two of us traveling by train for two weeks. Would like to stay below $200 USD. Would like to be able to walk from the train station.

We plan on around 9 am the next morning for Lucerne, thus this is just a "sleep" stop.

Thanks.

Arno
Arno
8796 posts
expert &
Mar 10, 2016 - 6:47 PM

Hi again,

Well, the most practical one is the Swiss Quality Hotel at only 3 minutes from the station. A very well rated hotel, but a bit over budget: rooms currently start at $235, breakfast included.

Other hotels are a bit further away. Some examples:

• Hotel Drei Konige at less than 10 minutes. It's quite a bit cheaper but not as luxurious. I stayed there myself a long time ago and remember it as a fine hotel. I did not have dinner there.
  • You'll find "Zunfthaus zur Rebleuten" at a similar distance.

The last two hotels are definitely in a much more picturesque area (Old Town), but that might not be a big deal while sleeping :-)

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017