Stopping overnight in Chur on the Bernina Express

• Zanygirl
    Participant
    20 posts
    10 March 2016 at 15:29:26 #808580

We are traveling the Bernina Express from Italy to Chur then heading to Lucerne to continue our Swiss journey. After being on a train for approximately 5 hours that day and getting into Chur around 7 pm that night, we thought it would be a good idea to get off at Chur and spend the night and then get up and head into Lucerne the next morning. My question is this: since we are spending very limited time in Chur, does anyone have a suggestion for an inexpensive yet safe place to spend the night that is close to the train station? I have combed a number of sites, but would like to hear from others. In addition, if anyone has any suggestions on how to do this, I’m open!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 March 2016 at 16:12:46 #849245

Hi Zanoffc,

Can you add some additional information like travel date, number of people, budget you had in mind? Please see here.

Thanks!

Zanygirl
    Participant
    20 posts
    10 March 2016 at 16:32:51 #849246

Yes! Arrival May 24th with a departure of May 25th. There are two of us traveling by train for two weeks. Would like to stay below $200 USD. Would like to be able to walk from the train station.

We plan on around 9 am the next morning for Lucerne, thus this is just a “sleep” stop.

Thanks.

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 March 2016 at 18:47:45 #849247

Hi again,

Well, the most practical one is the Swiss Quality Hotel at only 3 minutes from the station. A very well rated hotel, but a bit over budget: rooms currently start at $235, breakfast included.

Other hotels are a bit further away. Some examples:

• Hotel Drei Konige at less than 10 minutes. It’s quite a bit cheaper but not as luxurious. I stayed there myself a long time ago and remember it as a fine hotel. I did not have dinner there.
    • You’ll find “Zunfthaus zur Rebleuten” at a similar distance.

The last two hotels are definitely in a much more picturesque area (Old Town), but that might not be a big deal while sleeping 🙂

• The thread ‘Stopping overnight in Chur on the Bernina Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.