Stops on request

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 February 2012 at 2:32:28 #804868

There are many trains specially mountain trains where few stops are on request.

Please let me know before getting in to the train how one can find that which stops are on request?

If the stop is on request and we are already in to the train how and to whom we should communicate to stop the train at a particular station?

If the stop is on request and we are on to the platform how and to whom we should communicate to stop the train at that station?

Any further additional information about such stops on request?

Thanks in advance
    Atul Bhide

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    2 February 2012 at 10:56:46 #834722

Hello Atul Bhide,

There’s always the possibility to see if the train you want to take will stop at request. Most of the time it will be mentioned in the timetable. You can always ask train personnel at stations. As far as I know, you cannot make a train stop while you’re at a platform, if it’s not planned to stop there. If it’s a train with stops at request the train will stop when there are people waiting. When you’re in a train with stops on request you can press a button, which is easy to find, no problems here. In many trains it will be announced as well.

By the way: mountain trains, do you mean cog railways etc.? If I were you, I would always ask the train personnel at stations, just to make sure.

I hope this answers your questions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2012 at 21:56:20 #834723

Thanks a lot Olga.

This will help me a lot.

Regards
    Atul

• The thread ‘Stops on request’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.