Store baggage in Tirano for several days

• CTtraveler
    Participant
    4 posts
    15 February 2017 at 0:57:11 #810813

Hello Fellow Travelers,

Does anyone happen to know if luggage can be left in Tirano for several days? Do they have storage there? We would like to send a couple of bags ahead to be picked up there. We’ d like to send the luggage on a Sat. from Lucerne and pick up on Fri. in Tirano. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Happy traveling,

CT

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2017 at 7:41:27 #859017

Hi CTtraveler and Welcome to MySwissAlps!

Are you looking to send from Luzern train station to the Tirano Train station?
    If so have a read through our luggage information page here – it should have all the details you need.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Lucas

CTtraveler
    Participant
    4 posts
    15 February 2017 at 15:20:43 #859018

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your quick reply. I did look at that site. I just wasn’t sure if Tirano was a “staffed station” or not to offer baggage service.

We could send our unneeded luggage from either Zurich Airport or from Luzern the following day. We arrive in Zurich in the evening and hope to clear Customs quickly and jump on the train to Luzern before it gets too late. It would be easiest to send it from Zurick Airport, but I wasn’t sure how long it would take to find the right place to take care of the baggage and to get to our train. I don’t want to arrive in Luzern too late at night.

Have a great day!

CT

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2017 at 16:28:21 #859019

Hi CT,

Yes, Tirano is staffed. There are no luggage lockers however, so you must pick up luggage there during opening hours.

The SBB travel centre is located below the Airport Center in the Check-in 3 area. The ticket counters are open from 06:15 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Just follow signs for the train and you will walk past the offices to help you with luggage.

Here is a link to the Zurich airport SBB services. When searching the site you must spell it in German I find to get results, IE “Zürich Flughafen”.

Lucas

CTtraveler
    Participant
    4 posts
    15 February 2017 at 18:50:33 #859020

Thanks, Lucas. Great information. By the way, what are the German words for the offices where they will help with the luggage?

I really appreciate your help.

CT

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 February 2017 at 8:07:27 #859021

Hi CT,

“Gepäckaufbewahrung” means luggage storage, but you will mostly see blue pictures with white suitcases on it, and arrows pointing the way. You may also see it in English, or just short “Gepäck”.

CTtraveler
    Participant
    4 posts
    16 February 2017 at 22:18:05 #859022

Thanks, Arno. That helps.

Enjoy your day!

CT

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    17 February 2017 at 3:28:03 #859023

The SBB web site offers guidance for all stations.

I searched for Tirano:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/am-bahnhof/railway-stations/bahnhof-finden.html.desktop-possearch.html?_charset_=UTF-8&stationname=tirano&p ossearchsubmit=Search

The link gives opening hours for the luggage office, and confirms the lack of lockers (usually shown under the tab for “Equipment” ).

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Store baggage in Tirano for several days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.