Storing of luggage - one and two weeks

Storing of luggage - one and two weeks

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
mississmom
mississmom
6 posts
Nov 5, 2014 - 4:49 AM

Hi Arno and Annika,

I have a question regarding storing of luggage. What kind of facilities are there to store large bags at:

1. Zurich airport (for one week – beginning of our trip)

2. Zurich HB train station (for a few hours)

3. Interlaken OST train station (for a few hours)

4. Montreux CGN train station (for a few hours)

5. Zurich airport (for two weeks – end of our trip)

We are travelling around Switzerland for one week before we move onto India for two weeks. We thus want to store our India luggage while we
are touring Switzerland (point 1) and then when we are ready to leave for India, we want to store our Switzerland luggage (point 5) while we are in India.
Sorry if this is confusing! We are transiting back through Switzerland from India so we can pick up our stored luggage at the end of our entire vacation. I
especially need to know if this kind of long term storage (one week and then two weeks) is possible at the Zurich airport facility, what are their operating
times, fares and if you have a location address in the airport, it would be excellent!

Thanks for your help.

Arno
Arno
7342 posts
expert &
Nov 5, 2014 - 6:25 PM

Hi mississmom,

There's a left luggage office at the airport, and one at the main station in Zurich as well. See these links for details please:

More information is here: www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/luggage

mikesc60
mikesc60
74 posts
Nov 6, 2014 - 3:17 PM in reply to mississmom

We stored luggage at Interlaken at the station (think it was Ost but I expect the same would apply at the other one) for a couple of hours...guidance in one of the links above says it can be done for up to 24 hours. There were lockers not far from the platform and I think we were able to store a hold bag and 2 or 3 cabin size bags in one locker. We needed coins and were able to get these by changing a note at a nearby shop. It may have been 5 francs from memory and I think you could use different combinations of coins. I can't remember completely but I will try to remember to ask my daughtet when she gets home. Hope this helps!

mississmom
mississmom
6 posts
Nov 6, 2014 - 6:19 PM

Thanks Arno and Mikesc60. Sounds like it will be possible to get a break from lugging luggage around! Thanks again.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016