Struggle to find suitable self catering apartment

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2010 at 20:04:00 #803881

Hi we are really struggling to find accommodation – probably because it is short notice – but I can’t imagine everything to be booked up –

We want self catering apartment for two adults and one child (2 year old) – preferably in Interlaken, but also would be happy to stay anywhere near interlaken e.g grindelwald or baetenberg or such areas as long as we can travel easily to other places from there on day trips.

Initially we thought of staying in Montreux but again – had to give up the idea as we cant find a place.

Travel dates July 22 – 27th. Is it a problem if we do not want to check in on a Saturday?

Please help – if you know any where specific or any telephone numbers to call – please let us know. The online booking thing id driving us crazy as we cant ind out some details about proximity to station and availability of cot for a child (not obligatory, but would be nice)

Your help is much appreciated!!

Thanks

SeemaKrishna

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    28 June 2010 at 2:51:28 #831459

Hello seemakrishna,

I’m sorry to hear that your plans for Montreux did not work out because you could not find a place to stay. I hope you will find a self catering place in or near Interlaken. You could try the options mentioned on this page and I would suggest you make contact with the Tourist Office in Interlaken. I also found some telephone numbers, fax numbers and e-mailaddresses. The best way to make sure is making contact yourself.

From our own experience: it is not always necessary to check in on a Saturday, but most of the times it is. The Tourist Office can give you this information as well, it depends on the apartment you will hopefully find.

I wish you lots of success!

Olga

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 June 2010 at 13:04:18 #831460

Hi seemakrishna,

Most apartments will probably be booked by now, but I found a few around Interlaken which are still available:

Apartment in Interlaken (walking distance to the railway station)
    Apartment in Matten (about 10 minutes to Interlaken railway station by bus)
    Apartment in Darligen (about 5 minutes to Interlaken by train)

Please note that booking from Saturday to Saturday is usually required.

I hope it helps. Thanks Olga for your help as well!

Good luck!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2010 at 17:07:46 #831461

Thank you both!! This is a great forum!! I will try those places.

SeemaKrishna

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    28 June 2010 at 23:58:50 #831462

Another option is to stay in the lovely car-free village of Wengen up in the mountains. It is about an hour train ride from Interlaken and is absolutely stunning. (Note that Interlaken is NOT in the mountains although you can see one from there.)

The scenery from Wengen is spectacular. Another advantage is that often many chalets/apartments are for rent for as few as three nights, without the “must check in on Saturday” requirement you find elsewhere. Chalet-Service Wengen does a really good job of finding places and provides good service:

Chalet-Service
    Dorothee and Adolph von Allmen
    CH-3823 Wengen
    [email protected]
    http://www.chalet-service.com
    Tel: 011-41-79-415-05-54
    Fax: 011-41-33-855-38-71

• The thread ‘Struggle to find suitable self catering apartment’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.