Sufficient Basel station transfer times?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2016 at 14:10:49 #808735

Hello,

First of all thanks for your quick reply to the queries which I posted earlier.

I am arriving at BASEL SBB at 13.26 by the train n° 9211 from Paris Gare Lyon. The next connection from BASEL SBB to Interlaken West is ‘IC’ train at 13.31. I am anxious whether in 5 mins I will be able to board the train from BASEL SBB. Is 5 minutes time enough to change the trains ? In case I miss the train starting at 13.31, will I be able to use the ticket (from BASEL SBB to Interlaken) in the next available trains ?

Thanks in advance for your help and reply.

Regards,

Shiv

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2016 at 16:46:47 #849948

Hi – I take this opportunity to answer your question based on my experience.

Normally 5 minutes is good enough to change – you miss 13:31 train if your previous train gets delayed.

You have many trains from Basel to Interlaken – if u r traveling on swiss travel pass from Basel onwards you can just board any other train for Interlaken – its pretty easy.

Hope it helps.

PKR

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2016 at 16:55:14 #849949

Thanks PKR for your reply.

Just one more question. I have already bought Supersaver Ticket for Interlaken West from BASEL SBB train starting at 13.31. I hope that TGV train generally arrives on time, but in case it arrives late on my travel date, can I use Supersaver Ticket for the next available trains to Interlaken West ?

Regards,

Shiv

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2016 at 19:05:35 #849950

Special conditions Supersaver Tickets SBB

The number of supersaver tickets is limited.

Supersaver tickets are available for most public transport routes except routes within a regional fare network.

Supersaver tickets may be purchased no more than 30 days before the desired date of travel.

You can purchase supersaver tickets at the SBB Ticket Shop to be printed out as OnlineTickets by the purchaser (print@home) and now on your smartphone via SBB Mobile.

It is not possible to upgrade class, change routes or change trains using a supersaver ticket.

The Junior or Grandchild card is valid in combination with the supersaver ticket.

Price, product and timetable information is subject to modifications.

• The thread ‘Sufficient Basel station transfer times?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.