Suggested plan for 4 days Interlaken in November

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 November 2016 at 19:41:38 #810312

Hi

I I am planning a trip in November for 4 days .Will be landing in Zurich on 16th Nov & plan t stay @Interlaken. Please advise important things I can cover .Also need advise on clothes & shoes to carry

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    4 November 2016 at 6:25:46 #856914

Welcome to MySwissAlps prabha,

The below pages get you started. Feel free to post more specific questions once you have a tentative plan.

myswissalps.com/ plantrip

myswissalps.com/ interlaken

myswissalps.com/ weather

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 November 2016 at 13:42:20 #856915

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your reply. We are two of us on a 4 nights trip. We do want to cover Jungfraujoch. & mount Titlis. but open to open to suggestions. We want two main things. See the best of Alps & do Switzerland by road as well.Pls advise on options to combine rail & road. We plan to base ourselves in Interlaken unless you have other suggestions

Prabha

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 November 2016 at 13:56:25 #856916

even open to where we should base ourselves . We are flexible

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 November 2016 at 22:31:41 #856917

Hi Prabha-

It will be hard to combine rail and road in such a short trip.

If you lay out your specific plans, we can comment where a car would be appropriate.

November is a problem for exploring the Alps by auto, and, of course, many of the best destinations in the Alps are car free.

Passes may or may not be open.

Why do you want to travel by car with a small party?

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 November 2016 at 23:05:30 #856918

Things in our list are

The Jungfrau Region

Rhine Falls

Lucern ( Lake Lucern / Mtpilatus)

Chateau de Chillon, Montreux

Matterhorn

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2016 at 16:12:15 #856919

Hi Arno,

Can you advise if the plan below is doable and is good for a 4 day trip? Trying to see what best we can do by road . I have considered Jungfraujoch & Titlis by train.

Day1( 16th) Wed

Land in Zurich

2..5 hrs drive to Château de Chillon, Switzerland, Bern on the way. Check into Bern then head to Montrex., come back stay @ Bern

http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Zür ich/Château-de-Chillon

Day2 ( 17th) Thurs

We can explore Bern. Then head t Interlaken( 40 mins)

http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Int erlaken-Switzerland/Bern

Day 3( 18th) Fri

Today embark on an unforgettable Alpine tour to the majestic world of the Jungfraujoch – The Top of Europe (Mountain Excursion) and Europe’s highest train station. Ascend by a cogwheel train to the top arriving into a wonder world of glaciers and an incredible world of eternal ice and snow. Overnight in Interlaken

Day 4 Interlaken to Lucern ( 1 hr)

Enjoy a day of sheer excitement and adventure on glacier paradise of Mt. Titlis (Mountain Excursion). Board the world first revolving gondola ‘Rotair’ and take the opportunity to ride the spectacular ‘Ice Flyer’ chairlift and see the ice grotto in the Titlis Glacier Park. Overnight in Lucerne

DAY 5 LUCERNE – ZURICH DEPART (35 mins)

The morning travel by train to Zurich Airport Station for your flight back home. (B)

http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Luc erne/Z%C3%BCrich

Would appreciate your expert advise. Think its possible to include Rhine Falls anywhere in the plan above?

Regards

Prabha

Arno
    15479 posts
    8 November 2016 at 10:56:09 #856920

Hi Prabha,

It’s doable, but I do suggest some changes. Although you may have specific reasons to travel by car, the excellent public transportation system is generally recommended. Please check pros and cons for yourself at myswissalps.com/carver sustrain. Even if you’ll only be doing part of your traveling by train, note that it’s worth looking into rail passes.

Your plans for day 1 are a bit too ambitious in my opinion. It’s quite a long drive just to visit the Chateau de Chillon. If I were you, I’d just focus on Lucerne and/or Interlaken and make day trips (including Titlis and Jungfraujoch) from there. You can easily visit Bern while staying in Interlaken, for example. I’d skip the Rhine Falls too, as they’re quite far off from your other destinations and they’re not that impressive in fall and winter.

The links I included provide lots of information.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 November 2016 at 11:20:22 #856921

Thanks Arno,

that’s helpful. Noticed that Titlis rot air is closed for maintenance till the 18th of November. Can you suggest something else on that day? Is matterhorn doable?

regards

prabha

Arno
    15479 posts
    9 November 2016 at 10:10:19 #856922

Hi Prabha,

Mount Rigi offers excellent views and is accessible all year round, but you’d better have a look at our town pages yourself (see the links in my previous post). Lots of activity suggestions can be found there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2016 at 10:13:16 #856923

Hi Arno,

thanks. will do

• The thread ‘Suggested plan for 4 days Interlaken in November’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.