Suggestion for the best available pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2012 at 14:06:46 #805212

Hi,
    We (my wife, 3 yr old daughter and I) and my friend’s family (friend, his wife and 6 yr old son) are travelling to Switzerland on 15th June for 4 days. We have planned to stay in Lucerne. Booked two rooms in one of the hotels in Lucerne. We plan the below trips
    1 Day in Lucerne
    1 day in Titlis, Pilatus
    1 Day in Interlaken
    1 Day in Pilatus
    Can you please advise which pass best suits us? I checked in internet and found there was one good offer which suited our needs i.e. 2 in 1 Swiss pass. But that offer is only available till May 31st.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    7 May 2012 at 0:47:02 #835923

Hi Sudhee,

I would consider either a 3-day Swiss Flexi Pass, or a Swiss Half Fare Card. If you want to calculate what’s most economical, you need to know all the details of your trip (will you be traveling from an airport to Lucerne and back? are you indeed planning to visit the Pilatus twice? will you be making any additional trips from Interlaken?).

Depending on your country of residence, there may be other promotions you can use as well. For an overview, please see the forum topics at the top of the Swiss rail forum.

I hope this helps to make a choice!

• The thread ‘Suggestion for the best available pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.