Suggestion needed for 4/5 day train trip in April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2017 at 7:18:24 #811014

Hi there,

i am planning a trip for 4 or 5 days in Swiss with Swiss Travel Pass 2nd class.

Date : 24 April -> 29 April (reached at Zurich on 24 April morning)

Route planned :

Zurich (stay over night)-> Interlaken (stay over night) -> Lucerne -> Titlis -> Lucerne (stay over night) -> Zermatt (stay over night)

any comment on the route above, planning to add in Jungfraujoch when i was at interlaken.

my idea is to spend morning and afternoon on Alps and night i will be walking around in town.

will it be too compact for the plan to add in Jungfraujoch.

and is there any fees will be charged exclude of the travel pass i have when going to Titlis and Jungfraujoch such as cable car, ice flyer, troti bike, mountain train etc.

* is there any connection can be made from Zermatt towards Italia ? or i have to switch over to another town for such route.

appreciate if anyone would able to suggest or comment on above.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    9 March 2017 at 15:18:39 #859817

Hi kent8717, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

If I were you I’d change the order of base towns to avoid unneccessary traveling. You could first spend a night in Lucerne and visit Titlis, then spend a night in Interlaken and visit Jungfraujoch, and end up in Zermatt. All connections can be found using the timetable and the “Route” tabs I just linked to.

A full Swiss Travel Pass validity overview can be found here. As you’ll see, trips to Titlis and Jungfraujoch are partly free and partly discounted. Some additional trips such as the Ice Flyer are not covered. The “Tickets” tabs I just linked to explain the discounts too.

Please consult the timetable I mentioned for routes from Zermatt to Italy. You’ll be traveling via Brig and Domodossola.

I hope this helps you out!

• The thread ‘Suggestion needed for 4/5 day train trip in April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.