Suggestion needed on our Switzerland tour

Suggestion needed on our Switzerland tour

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
sajankv
sajankv
1 post
Jul 30, 2012 - 3:42 PM
Hi,

We are planning to visit Switzerland for 3 days with the following tight schedule.

Day1. From Geneva, travelling to Montreux to board the Golden pass panoramic train. Then travelling from Montreux to Interlaken in Golden pass train
Planning a scenic cruise on the Lake Brienz at Interlaken west

Day 2. Trip to Jungfraujoch and back to Interlaken

Day 3. From Interlaken to Mount Titlis and then going to Zurich airport in the evening from Mount Titlis/Engelberg

Having said that, here are my questions

1) Which travel card/pass( Swizz Pass/Flexi Pass/ Half price Card) is economically viable considering the number of days and the limited travel plan?

2) I will be travelling from Geneva airport station to Montreux by regular train. Which station to get down in Montreux to take the golden pass train to Interlaken?

3) Is the travel free for children in golden pass trains (To Interlaken) with parents having half price card?

4) With half price card (in case if I choose that), should I (or Can I) reserve the seats in Golden pass train?

5) Any site to know the Lake Brienz cruise timings?

6) Which train station to get down for reaching Mount Titlis when coming from Interlaken west/Interlaken Ost?

Thanks in advance
Sajan
Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Jul 31, 2012 - 8:15 AM
Hello Sajan. I think the Swiss Half Fare Card would be the best option. If you order along the free STS Family Card, children under 16 will travel along for free. This goes for the Golden Pass trains as well. Making seat reservations in advance can be recommended.

As for your questions on your train transfers: all connections are available in the Swiss timetable. Just enter your departure and destination stations and an estimated date/time of traveling to have all options displayed. If you click the 'plus' symbol on the left of each connection, you'll see further details.

Times and prices for boat trips on lake Thun and Brienz can be found at the BLS website.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016