Suggestions needed for 4days-Swiss starting Nov 1

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 October 2012 at 11:00:23 #805684

Hi,

I am travelling from Paris and will reach Zurich on Nov 1 , 10.30 AM.
    Can you pls help me in setting up the places that I can visit,economical way to reach there.

My plan currently is like below. I have already booked the places to stay.

Nov 1 : Visit in and around Zurich and Stay for 1 night.
    -What places can I visit here ? Would Rhine falls be a good idea ?
    Nov 2: Visit Luzern, Mount Titlis and reach interlaken for Stay.
    – How to reach Mount titlis and back to interlaken ?
    Nov 3: Visit jungfraujoch. Visit in and around interlaken in evening.
    – From interlaken, how to reach here economically.
    Nov 4: Start to Geneava in the afternoon and take train to Paris in eve.

1)Me and my wife are under 26. Would it be worth buying swiss youth pass for above itenary ? Or is it better to buy point to point tickets always ?
    2)I will get free visitor passes for local transportation in interlaken. Planning to buy similar local pass in Zurich..

PLease advise to make my honeymoon a memorable / economical one 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 November 2012 at 11:04:24 #837383

Hello gururajaun. A visit to the Rhine falls is a good idea indeed. But don’t forget that Zurich has a lot to offer as well. You can easily spend a day there visiting the lake, viewing point Uetliberg and museums. Mt. Titlis can be reached via Lucerne and Engelberg. If you enter ‘Kleintitlis’ as your destination in the timetable, all options will be displayed. The same goes for planning your visit to the Jungfraujoch: the timetable will be of help here.

As for the costs of your trip: I’m not quite sure if you mean this November or November 2013. If you’re traveling now, the 2 for 1 deal on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass would be the best option. If it’s next year, there may be a similar promotion, but otherwise Swiss Youth Passes would be a good option. In both cases, the trips to Titlis and Jungfraujoch will be partly for free and partly discounted. Please review details at the downloadable validity network map at the Swiss Pass page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 November 2012 at 12:43:35 #837384

Thanks Arno for your suggestions 🙂 ..We took a swisspass with 2 for 1 deal. It was really a moneysaver!
    We reached zurinch around 11 and planned a visit to Mt.Rigi instead of Rhine falls.
    Next day was awsm trip to Mt.titlis and then to interlaken.
    On third day we could cover Lauterbrunen and Trumbelbach falls and a visit to Thun by boat from interlaken west.
    It rained in Geneava a lot on 4th day, and we could only visit UN building and Geneava Lake..
    It was a nice trip overall 🙂

Annika
    7116 posts
    6 November 2012 at 10:51:24 #837385

Thanks for sharing your experiences, gururajaun. I’m glad you enjoyed your trip to Switzerland. Too bad that it rained during your last day, but that doesn’t seem to have spoiled your stay.

• The thread ‘Suggestions needed for 4days-Swiss starting Nov 1’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.