Suggestions on my Itinerary

Suggestions on my Itinerary

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
pratikdu
pratikdu
4 posts
Mar 15, 2012 - 10:09 AM
Hi,
I need your suggestions on whether this would be a decent travel plan to Switzerland. Few of the queries which I have at the moment is:
1. Am I visiting similar sort of places all through my trip like Jungrfrau, Zermett, Mt. Titlis? Can I exclude one of these and do something else.
2. Will this be a hectic schedule with change of base everyday- actually just wanted to avoid travel to and fro to a destination like Zermatt from Interlaken.
3. Any other changes recommended would be most welcome.
I am travelling with my wife and 3 year old daughter and have already got Swiss pass for 1st four days of my 5 day trip starting 21st March.
Day 1:
Reach Zurich at around 13:45 P.M (immigration etc would consume sometime)
Start for Tasch and stay overnight at Tasch.
Day 2
Full day at Zermatt after checking out from the hotel.
Evening start for Interlaken
Stay overnight at Interlaken
Day 3
Interlaken to Jungfraujoch
Any other thing can be done?
Start for Lucerne in the evening
Overnight at Lucerne.
Day 4
Check out from the Hotel (luggage in cloak room)
Lucerne to Mt. Titlis
Late Evening start for Zurich
Overnight at Zurich (or should I stay in Lucerne instead..just wanted to utilize my Swiss Pass).
Day 5
In Zurich for the full day.
Catch an late evening flight (have to reach airport by 19:30)
Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Mar 18, 2012 - 4:15 AM
Hello pratikdu. The places you want to visit aren't similar, I'd say. They all have different views and sceneries. However, for a more relaxed itinerary you could skip Zermatt (as it's a long trip from Zurich in the north to Zermatt in the south) and focus on the Interlaken and Lucerne region. You won't get bored there. Did you check the day trips section for the Bernese Oberland/Interlaken area? Browing this forum will also provide you with tips on your stay in Lucerne and Zurich. Our hotel lists in Interlaken, Lucerne and near Zurich Airport may help you finalize your travel plans.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016