Suggestions on my Itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2012 at 9:09:53 #805027

Hi,
    I need your suggestions on whether this would be a decent travel plan to Switzerland. Few of the queries which I have at the moment is:
    1. Am I visiting similar sort of places all through my trip like Jungrfrau, Zermett, Mt. Titlis? Can I exclude one of these and do something else.
    2. Will this be a hectic schedule with change of base everyday- actually just wanted to avoid travel to and fro to a destination like Zermatt from Interlaken.
    3. Any other changes recommended would be most welcome.
    I am travelling with my wife and 3 year old daughter and have already got Swiss pass for 1st four days of my 5 day trip starting 21st March.
    Day 1:
    Reach Zurich at around 13:45 P.M (immigration etc would consume sometime)
    Start for Tasch and stay overnight at Tasch.
    Day 2
    Full day at Zermatt after checking out from the hotel.
    Evening start for Interlaken
    Stay overnight at Interlaken
    Day 3
    Interlaken to Jungfraujoch
    Any other thing can be done?
    Start for Lucerne in the evening
    Overnight at Lucerne.
    Day 4
    Check out from the Hotel (luggage in cloak room)
    Lucerne to Mt. Titlis
    Late Evening start for Zurich
    Overnight at Zurich (or should I stay in Lucerne instead..just wanted to utilize my Swiss Pass).
    Day 5
    In Zurich for the full day.
    Catch an late evening flight (have to reach airport by 19:30)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    18 March 2012 at 4:15:19 #835181

Hello pratikdu. The places you want to visit aren’t similar, I’d say. They all have different views and sceneries. However, for a more relaxed itinerary you could skip Zermatt (as it’s a long trip from Zurich in the north to Zermatt in the south) and focus on the Interlaken and Lucerne region. You won’t get bored there. Did you check the day trips section for the Bernese Oberland/Interlaken area? Browing this forum will also provide you with tips on your stay in Lucerne and Zurich. Our hotel lists in Interlaken, Lucerne and near Zurich Airport may help you finalize your travel plans.

• The thread ‘Suggestions on my Itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.