Sunday dinner in Zurich or Chur?

• zimmuo
    Participant
    15 posts
    14 August 2022 at 6:02:05 #828069

Hello, we will be arriving to Zurich Hb on a Sunday in late September at 18:26. We need to get to Chur that night to stay overnight (to catch the Glacier Express) the next morning. Tasty meals are a priority, but we will need to stay close to the Zurich station due to elderly traveling companion. Unfortunately, most of the places near the station I wanted to try are closed because it’s Sunday. Would you all recommend we try to find some place near the station that’s open, or continue on to Chur and dine there? I would imagine options in Chur would be even more slim on a Sunday since it’s such a small town. Where do people in hotels eat on Sundays if their hotel restaurants are closed?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    15 August 2022 at 3:30:45 #945591

Hi zimmuo,

That’s strange. The restaurants are usually open on Sundays. In any case, I think you would have more dining options in Zurich than Chur. At Zurich HB, the shops are open daily and you’ll find various restaurants and takeaway options. Have a look at the list here: http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/at-the-station/railway-stations/shopville-zuerich-main-station/shops.html (click on restaurants and takeaway). Also, you might want to check out the restaurants on Europaallee.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Sunday dinner in Zurich or Chur?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.