SuperSaver Tickets

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 July 2015 at 11:27:36 #807598

Hi,

I see on the SBB website it is possible to purchase Supersaver Tickets, how do these work? Are there special requirements to purchase them.

I am travelling from Andermatt to Zermatt 2Nd class return for 2 adults and I would like to to know if it is cheaper to purchase supersaver tickets than a half price card plus regular tickets?

I also have a child that is 6 years old, am I able to obtain the family pass card so she can travel for free or must I also buy a ticket for her.

many thanks,

Alex

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    21 July 2015 at 15:18:48 #844628

Hi Alex,

An explanation about Super savertickets can be found here.

A Swiss Half Fare Card is not worth it for just one trip from Andermatt to Zermatt. But you will probably make more trips, right? Like cable cars in Zermatt. Please see here on how to find out whether it’s worth it to buy a pass.

A Swiss Family Card is available for your child if you buy one of the Swiss Travel System Passes, such as a Swiss Half Fare Card, for yourself.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 July 2015 at 15:24:23 #844629

Hi Arno,

Thanks for that information,

I will be making a return trip from Zermatt and yes, using cable cars, boats trips elsewhere. so the Swiss Half Fare Card sounds like it will come in handy and especially if I need to for a Swiss family card.

Can I combine a supersaver ticket and half fare card if the trip is eligible?

Alex

Arno
    15471 posts
    21 July 2015 at 15:29:54 #844630

Hi Alex,

If there’s a Super saverticket available for your route and time, you can indeed combine it with a Swiss Half Fare Card. In some cases that results in an additional discount. Please see here for the best Swiss Half Fare Card points of sale. As you live in France, I would recommend http://www.acprail.com/rail-passes/swiss-half-fare-card.

• The thread ‘SuperSaver Tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.