Sustainability plan for Swiss Alps

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 January 2017 at 18:54:24 #810601

Hello,

I am a student of the University of Northampton and I would like to ask, if there is any official management plan or strategy, which helps to make Alps in Switzerland more sustainable and to protect the environment. If yes, what plan is it and where can I find more information?

Thank you very much,

Kristyna.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2017 at 10:22:40 #858156

Hi Kristyna and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

We are not an official government organization so I don’t have any specific information.
    Your best bet would be to go to the Swiss government website. Maybe there is someone there you can contact for this information?

A quick google search of Alps Sustainability turned up some links that may be useful and some PDF files of official reports on your topic.

Regards,
    Lucas

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 January 2017 at 15:34:58 #858157

Hi Kristyna,

Some unofficial information regarding the environment and global warming can be found on myswissalps.com/abouts witzerland/nature. It’s definitely an important issue in Switzerland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 January 2017 at 17:31:11 #858158

Thank you both so much !

• The thread ‘Sustainability plan for Swiss Alps’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.