Swiss railcard 3 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2016 at 16:27:16 #809871

hi,

I have ordered 3 Swiss railcards and have requested for online delivery. I will need to use it next Thursday the 18th. Would it arrived via email on time? I am slightly concerned. any advice would be much appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    13 August 2016 at 19:43:50 #855077

Hi slamlondon83,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Please let me know where you ordered, which exact pass/card you ordered and when you ordered. I might be able to provide more details then.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2016 at 20:27:33 #855078

Hi, I’ve ordered the Swiss travel pass today requesting for online delivery. Assuming as they gave me the option therefore must be to deliver in time? I need it for Thursday.

Many thnks

Arno
    15482 posts
    13 August 2016 at 21:08:20 #855079

Hi slamlondon83,

I also assume delivery will be fine as they allowed you to order for that date. I can’t provide more details without knowing where you purchased.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2016 at 21:28:24 #855080

Hi

Apologies. I am rubbish with the details am I? Newbie to forums.

i purchased them via STC (Swiss Travel Centre) using the link from MyAlps website which states that online tickets take 3 days.

cheers

Arno
    15482 posts
    14 August 2016 at 9:45:22 #855081

No problem at all! In that case it will take 1 to 3 business days to receive the e-mail with the pass. In any case you will receive it on time as they don’t allow orders for dates that are too close. You should have received a confirmation e-mail about your order. The actual pass will follow soon.

Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2016 at 16:51:07 #855082

Hi Arno,

thanks. Fingers crossed I will keep checking.

I am visiting with my family for 5 days. Could you please help with the following queries:

1. arriving at Basel airport. Assume I could take no.50 bus to Basel station and then taken ICN towards Lugano via Lucern. Is it the best method to get to there?

2. what is the weather like up in the mountain, temperature wise? Would there be snow for snow tubing etc. And would a light down jacket be sufficient?

3. I am doing the Golden Pass Route via Interlaken, Spiez, Zwiesimmen to Montreux and returned via quickest route back to Lucerne. Do you think it is via to do it in a day? Planning to stop at Spiez for lunch and Montreux for dinner. Would you recommend Interlaken or Spiez for a couple of hours? Also, do I need to change in Spiez?

4. Titlis- I am thinknig whether to do the 1/2 day tour or self guided? Do you think it is easier enough to navigate and more economical? I prefer the flexibility actually to start earlier and visit the Trubsee for a paddle in the lake.

5. is there anything I need to book in advance, boat, cable car, train etc? I have only purchased the 3 days Swiss travel pass.

Many thanks!

Arno
    15482 posts
    15 August 2016 at 9:32:39 #855083

Hi slamlondon83,

1. You can best enter your trip in the timetable. It provides all the details you need.

2. I’m not sure which mountain you mean. Only a few peaks tourists can reach will have snow in August. Mount Titlis, Jungfraujoch and Klein Matterhorn are examples. Regarding weather and clothing, please check this: myswissalps.com/ weather.

3. Yes, you can do this in a (long) day. The timetable offers all the schedules. Both Interlaken and Spiez are fine for a few hours, but very different. Interlaken is quite touristy and busy, with lots of shops and restaurants. Not particularly scenic, but you may get a good view of the Jungfrau if the weather is good. In Spiez, you could walk down to the lake in 20 minutes or so (I think there’s a bus too), where you’ll find a pleasant area with a park, old church, some restaurants and a marina.

4. Either option is fine. A tour is not required but a matter of personal preference. You’ll find many details here: myswissalps.com/ titlis.

5. It’s convenient to have the Swiss Travel Pass in advance, and hotels booked, but other than that there’s no need to arrange for anything else.

• The thread ‘Swiss railcard 3 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.