Swiss 3 days; point to point or Swiss pass for 2?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2012 at 22:02:03 #805688

Hi,

I’m planning a trip to Swizerland with my husband on 8 – 10 April, departing from Paris.

8 April 2013 : Paris to Lauterbern ( via Basel )

9 April 2013 : Lauterbrunnen to Zurich

10 April 2013 : Zurich to Turino via Bernina Express

My questions are:

1) Is it better to have point to point or purchase swiss pass?

2) Does the pass have a discount on TGV Lyria from Paris to Basel?

3) Is it worth it to ride Bernina Express than the regular ones on April?

4) Of yes, should I choose 1st class or 2nd class, left or right seating?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    11 November 2012 at 7:05:46 #837399

Hello juni.elyna! A 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be best. It allows free trips from Basel to Lauterbrunnen, Lauterbrunnen to Zurich and Zurich to the Swiss-Italian border. TGV prices vary and depend on many factors. As far as we know there are no discounts on the French leg of the TGV with your Swiss Pass. This previous topic may provide more information. You can plan your trips using the timetable. Please mind the right spelling when entering your destinations (e.g., I don’t know Turino; you may mean either Tirano or Torino?).

Bernina Express trains offer more luxurious seats and larger windows than the regular regional trains. 1st class has even more space and larger windows. The right side would be a bit better. Not all reservation systems allow you to pick a side though, and if you can, the driving direction of the coaches may be the other way around. The Bernina Express requires an additional seat reservation fee, whereas regular trains would be entirely for free with your Swiss Saver Flexi Pass.

• The thread ‘Swiss 3 days; point to point or Swiss pass for 2?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.