Swiss 4 day trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2010 at 3:48:20 #803960

Hi everybody

I plan to spend 4 days in Switzerland . I arrive to Zurich and sleep there and from there I plan to visit
    1) Zurich- Luzern (+Mont Pilatus ) – Bern -Zurich
    2) Zurich -Geneve -Lausanne-Zurich
    3) Zurich-Rhine falls-Zurich airport

is it economical to buy Swiss pass for these trips? Also I guess I will be using public transport in all of there towns…its all free with swiss pass?

Thanks for your help

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    17 August 2010 at 10:45:44 #831698

Hello sanik79! Yes, it’s definitely economical to purchase a Swiss rail pass for your trips. A 4 day Swiss Pass would be most economical in your case. With a Swiss Pass, you’ll easily save about CHF 100.00 on the normal prices of the trips you listed. If you travel with two ore more people, you could purchase the cheaper Swiss Saver Pass and save even more. The Swiss Pass offers free travel for all train and bus trips you mention, and grants a 50% reduction on the trip to Pilatus. If offers ease of use as well, as you don’t have to purchase separate tickets each time (only for the cable car to Pilatus) and simply get on and off board.

A Swiss Pass includes free transport in the cities you mention. On the Swiss Pass page you’ll find the link ‘Overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid’, which will show a synoptic map indicating the area of validity. Cities indicated by a white circle with a red dot offer free public transport. Purchase options are listed on the page I mentioned as well.

I hope this answer your questions!

• The thread ‘Swiss 4 day trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.