Swiss and Italy Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2011 at 7:48:05 #804354

Hi,

I intend to go to Switzerland and Italy from 11-17 June.
    3 nights+3 nights. I checked the 4 days Saver pass to be 335 Euro.
    I plan to take a train from Brig to Venice. Is this journey covered in this Swiss Pass.

Also, for Italy, should I take a seperate Italy pass? Or is there a combo option?

Jayant

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 June 2011 at 10:21:47 #833002

Hi Jayant,

The Swiss Saver Pass only covers Brig to Domodossola on your way to Venice.

A separate pass for Italy would be best as there’s no pass combining Switzerland and Italy, unless you add a third country.

The price you mentioned (for 2 people) for the Swiss Saver Pass could be right, but please note that the price depends on where and when you buy it. It would be more expensive if you purchase in Switzerland. All options are listed on the right side of the Swiss Pass page.

What’s your country of residence? Perhaps you can get an extra discount.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2011 at 10:42:51 #833003

I am residing in India, but do not have much time for delivery, I am there in Switzerland on 11th June.

Do you suggest I buy the Swiss Saver and then one more Italy pass?

If Swiss pass cannot cover till Venice, it means I cannot travel all the way from Brig to Venice.???

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 June 2011 at 12:14:27 #833004

Hi Jayant,

As you can see on the Swiss Pass page, delivery takes about 5 business days in India. Yes, a Swiss Saver Pass and a pass for Italy would be logical combination. I don’t know much about Italian rail passes, but the Eurail Italy Pass seems like a good choice.

You can travel from Brig to Venice if you have passes or tickets for both Switzerland and Italy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2011 at 13:46:06 #833005

What is the difference between Swiss Saver Pass and Swiss Half Fare card. I checked that Saver is 335Euro while Hakf fare is 207Euro. Are there any limtations on Half fare card? I hoe I can still take the Brig-Venice train with Hlaf fare.

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 June 2011 at 13:59:02 #833006

Hello Jayant,

It’s free traveling versus discounted traveling. Please review the Swiss Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card pages as all features are listed there.

• The thread ‘Swiss and Italy Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.