Swiss-Austria Package

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2012 at 4:47:01 #805085

Hi,

I am travelling to Austria – Swiss in the month of May 2012. My journey starts from Austria (4 days) and Swiss (5 days). I am travelling to Lucerne from Innsbruck by train. I am thinking of buying Swiss 2 for 1 pass. Can you suggest which will be the best package deal for Rail travel for my entire tour? I wan to include Innsbruck-Lucerne travel as well in the package.

Thanks & Regards
    – Kaustubh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 April 2012 at 12:40:19 #835462

Hi Kaustubh,

There is a Switzerland – Austria Pass combining both countries. However, in many cases, a Swiss Pass provides better value as it includes more discounts on mountain transportation, for example (follow the links to compare them in detail). With the current 2-for-1 Swiss Pass, that’s definitely best value for money. Depending on what your detailed plans in Austria are, I would recommend to add a single ticket Innsbruck – Swiss border or a pass for Austria.

Please take a look at our Lucerne page as well.

• The thread ‘Swiss-Austria Package’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.