Swiss Card Milano to Zermatt round trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2011 at 11:22:39 #804601

Hi,
    I’m sorry if this has been answered, but I’ve been searching and am completely confused-

Assuming I buy a Swiss Card on-line in th US-

Do I purchase the Milan-Zermatt ticket on the Swiss rail site?
    If so, will it apply the Swiss card discount for the Swiss leg of the trip?

Or can I purchase a ticket in Milan to Domodossola, and then just stay on the train and show the conductor the Swiss card?

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    16 August 2011 at 8:12:55 #833850

Hi Marianne12, and welcome! Don’t mind asking your question, as each situation is different. If you purchase a Swiss Card, this means that the entire Swiss leg of your trip Milan-Zermatt (from Domodossola onwards) is for free. So what you need is a regular ticket Milan-Domodossola, plus seat reservations for the international train between Milan and Brig. You don’t have to get out at Domodossola. Just show your regular train ticket between Milan and Domodossola, and your Swiss Card between Domodossola and Zermatt.

The Swiss Card can be purchased through the Swiss Card page. Just enter your country of residence and other data in the upper right corner. Seat reservations from Milan to Brig and the ticket Milan-Domodossola can be arranged for at this page. When entering the order system, select ‘Swiss Pass’ from the drop-downlist (as this offers free traveling in Switzerland, just as the Swiss Card does for the Swiss leg of your inbound trip, so this way the right amount of discount will automatically be calculated).

I hope this helps you out!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2011 at 8:19:29 #833851

Perfect. Thank you!

• The thread ‘Swiss Card Milano to Zermatt round trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.