Swiss card or pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2011 at 1:33:43 #804392

Dear Friends,
    We are going to Switzerland on 24th of june from Paris. I have some doubts and hope to get clear by this forum.
    I am confused regarding which card or pass is best for us……We are 2 adults and 2 children(4 and 10 yrs).
    Our itineries are as follows

24th june – Paris to Geneva from easyjet.(booked)
    25th june – Geneva to Interlaken (by train not yet booked)
    26th june – Interlaken to Titlis
    27th june – Interlaken to jangfrouch
    28th june -Interlaken to Venice ( not yet booked)
    So I need a card or pass that I can be use for our Titlis tour , Jangfrocuh tour and our train travel to Venice( Italy).
    Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 June 2011 at 8:41:05 #833147

Hello jess77,

You need two Swiss Cards for the adults. The children travel along for free. The cards include the transfers from Geneva to Interlaken and Interlaken to the Swiss border. Your other trips will be discounted by 50%.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2011 at 11:56:10 #833148

Thanks for your reply. Some more suggestion from u
    Since it’s a peak tourist time, do we need to reserve seat in train travel to jungfrau(26
    June) and titlis(27 June).?
    Kindly suggest, where should we end our free return trip so that we can take connecting train to Venice easily
    Regards
    Jess77

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 June 2011 at 12:49:08 #833149

Hi Jess77,

Booking seats won’t be necessary for the Jungfrau. As for your trip to Venice: you can search for your desired connection in the timetable. Then check the Swiss Card network map (a link to the map is on the Swiss Card page) to see which station near the border you can reach with the Swiss Card.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2011 at 10:18:51 #833150

Are we eligible to travel from interlaken to domodossola at free of cost using Swiss card?

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 June 2011 at 10:31:49 #833151

Yes, that’s right Jess77.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2011 at 15:51:42 #833152

As suggested by you, we are planning to purchase Swiss card and avail free travel from Geneva to Interlaken( first day) then interlaken to domodossola( fourth and last day of our stay). In this scenario, are we eligible to avail the discounts in Geneva using the same Swiss card before boarding our train to Interlaken?
    Also suggest us, whether Swiss card or super saver tickets are economical for our family? Consider that our stay in Switzerland is only four days.
    Regards
    Jess77

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 June 2011 at 16:32:20 #833153

Hi Jess77,

The validity of the Swiss Card starts on the day of the first free trip. Discounts can be used from that day, even before you board the train. What is a super saver ticket? Do you mean the Swiss Saver Pass?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2011 at 16:35:28 #833154

Be aware the train from Geneva to Interlaken is not a direct train it does not go from Geneva to Interlaken in one journey you must change trains. My wife and I made the same journey in January of this year and in my ignorance I thought Geneva to Interlaken no problem then on to Lauterbrunnen,what a blunder. We had to change at Berne and of course this means a change of platform so do your homework and make sure you have the train times and the platform numbers as the Swiss trains are on time every time.Enjoy your holiday .

Arno
    15483 posts
    14 June 2011 at 4:40:11 #833155

Hi Jess77. I guess these are the super saver tickets you referred to. I’d still stick with the Swiss Card instead of the super saver tickets though, as the Swiss Card also offers a 50% discount on your trips on June 26 and 27, including the expensive trip to the Jungfraujoch. You’d have to pay the full price for both the Jungfraujoch and the Titlis trip without your Swiss Card, so the discounts offers by the Swiss Card are definitely cost effective.

• The thread ‘Swiss card or pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.