Swiss Card or Swiss Pass??

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2012 at 14:50:15 #805360

Hi,
    Me and my spouse are planning to visit Switzerland in mid June 2012 for 2 nights/3 days. We both are 28 years old. We will be landing @ Zurich and staying in Wengen. I have put the below itinerary. Could you please let me know how it looks:
    Day 1 -Land @ Zurich. Leave to Lucerne, Mount Rigi. After that reach our hotel @ Wengen by late evening.
    Day 2 – Jungfraujoch and Wengen surroundings
    Day 3 – Schilthorn and back to Zurich
    Could you also help me with the best rail pass for the above itinerary? Is it the Swiss Pass Swiss Card or the half fare card?I am getting confused with the fare calculations.
    As mentioned before me and my spouse are 28 years old.
    Thanks once again.
    Regards
    Sujit

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2012 at 7:08:18 #836397

Hi,

I am still confused between the rail passes. Should i go for Swiss Card, Swiss Saver pass or the Half saver card for the above itinerary? Could you please help me. Thanks.

Sujit

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 June 2012 at 11:17:11 #836398

Hello Sujit. Don’t worry, all questions will be answered but it may take a while. I think the most convenient option is a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. It allows you to travel for free on most trips, even all the way up to the Rigi. The trip to the Jungfraujoch will be discounted from Wengen onward. Please visit the Swiss Flexi Pass page for specifics and purchase options.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2012 at 17:35:38 #836399

Hi Annika,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Will I be able to use Flexi saver pass in mid June or should I buy Flexi pass? Eagerly waiting for the other options. 🙂

Thanks once again.

Regards
    Sujit

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 June 2012 at 19:38:33 #836400

Sure you can use the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass in June. Just go to the page I linked to and select your pass, country, etc to see the resellers who can sell it to you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2012 at 11:33:24 #836401

Hi Annika,

Apologies for the late reply. In my calculations, I found Half fare card little cheaper than Flexi saver pass. I had a question on the Half fare card. If I buy a half fare card and then a day pass (58 CHF, valid from 9AM), can I use it on a Saturday? Should I buy the whole day card which is 68 CHF to use on a Saturday. I found an asterisk in SBB site against the 9 AM one day card which says “Mon–Fri after 9 a.m., not valid on Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays”.

Thanks once again.

Regards
    Sujit

Annika
    7116 posts
    7 June 2012 at 11:35:09 #836402

Hello sujit! The 1 day travelpass can be used on Saturdays; the 9 AM variant can’t. Please note that the price difference with a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass may turn out to be very small, or even negative, if you need such a day card.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2012 at 4:58:07 #836403

Hi Annika,

Thanks for the heads-up. Will re-calculate the fares and decide on the pass/card. I am not sure if you can answer this question.
    Coming weekend I will be @ Switzerland. I see snow predictions in Jungfraujoch. Should I visit Jungfraujoch in the morning or in the afternoon?
    I mean when it will be more cloudy up there, is it in the morning or in the afternoon? I would not want cloud up there when I visit it!! 🙂

Regards
    Sujit

Annika
    7116 posts
    13 June 2012 at 9:53:46 #836404

Hello Sujit. Unfortunately that can’t be predicted. All you can do is check weather forecasts shortly in advance to see what time of the day offers best chances of clear skies. Images of the views up at the Jungfraujoch will also be broadcasted on local tv and at railway stations along the line, so you can decide whether you want to go up at the spot.

• The thread ‘Swiss Card or Swiss Pass??’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.