Swiss Card Regulations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2011 at 0:18:36 #804159

Hello,

Can you tell me if the Swiss Card allows entry into Switzerland and departure from Switzerland at different locations included in the purchase price? For example, my itinerary will bring me to Switz. from Italy but I will leave into Germany. I was wondering if my first and last trips could be in different directions.

Also, when using a Swiss Pass or Half Price Pass, must I be in the country, ie: across the Swiss border, to begin using the included free travel? If so, I assume it is most economical to stop at the first station after the border and begin using the passes. What station might this be when traveling from Milano to Interlaken?

Many thanks, Gordon from Vancouver

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 March 2011 at 3:16:47 #832307

Hi Gordon,

Welcome to our forum! You can use the Swiss Card for different inbound and outbound trips.

As for the Swiss Pass: please check the map we link to from the Swiss Pass page. It shows exactly where it is valid. Depending on where you travel, its validity starts either at the first town in Switzerland or a town just across the border in a neighbouring country. For Milano to Interlaken, its validity starts in the Italian town of Domodossola. You don’t have to get off the train there (unless you have to change anyway). If you have valid tickets or passes for the whole trip, you can just stay seated.

The Swiss Half Fare Card does not include free traveling. Discounted traveling can be used on the network shown on the map on the Swiss Half Fare Card page.

• The thread ‘Swiss Card Regulations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.