Apr 19, 2012 - 3:57 PM
Hello Muthu! If your travel agent offered you the general Swiss Card, you can read all about it here
. In that case your inbound (Zurich-Montreux, using the most direct route which does not include a side trip to the Rhine Falls) and outbound (Lucerne-Zurich) trip would be for free and the remaining trips would be discounted by 50%. However, since your travel agent seems to offer free traveling, I guess another type of pass is involved. Questions on the validity of this Swiss Card can therefore best be directed to your travel agent.
As for your other questions:
3. No, there's no discount available before you actually start your inbound journey. But again, you can best ask your travel agent.
4. Both lakes are brilliant. A boat trip over lake Thun can be combined with the Beatus caves, Beatenberg, the Niederhorn or a visit to Thun. A boat trip over lake Brienz could be followed by the trip up to Brienz Rothorn, the Giessbach falls or the Reichenbach falls at Meiringen. Details on boat trips can be found at the BLS website
5. Yes, that's an option. Please refer to the timetable
for all details on your trips by train.
6. If weather is nice I would opt for Mt. Rigi, as it's closest to Lucerne and offers great views. The museum is a very nice alternative for a bad weather day.
7. I'm not sure if I understand this question correctly. Do you mean day 2? Anyway, yes, a visit to the castle in the morning and the Golden Pass trip in the afternoon can be done.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:31 PM by Arno