SWISS CARD validity

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2013 at 11:56:27 #805845

I am a little puzzled as to all the diferent types of passes/cards so hope you can help please.
    I am planning to fly to Zurich, travel by train to Locarno for three days, then train to Lauterbrunnen for four days. Then I shall travel by train to Zurich to fly back to the UK.
    It seems to me a Swiss Card would be best for me as it allows travel from Zurich to Locarno, and Lauterbrunnen to Zurich on the last day, with any other travel paid for at half fare rate.
    Am I correct in all this please? Thanks for your patience, Terry

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 March 2013 at 13:20:33 #838230

Hello Terry,

Assuming that you won’t make long day trips from Locarno and Lauterbrunnen, the Swiss Card is indeed a good choice. You can find the details here. The Swiss Card indeed includes both the transfers for free and 50% off other trips you’ll make, including Locarno to Lauterbrunnen.

If you’re traveling with two or more people, the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be a bit cheaper. It includes 3 days of free traveling, so the long and relatively expensive transfer from Locarno to Lauterbrunnen would be free as well.

UK residents can purchase either of the passes here

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2013 at 13:59:21 #838231

Thank you so much for your prompt reply which eases my mind greatly. Thanks also for the link to Swiss Travel Centre which I did not know. Terry

• The thread ‘SWISS CARD validity’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.