Swiss Flexi pass and travel to Italy

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2012 at 12:23:07 #804943

My family is traveling to Switzerland for 6 days in April. I will be purchasing the 4 day Swiss Flexi Pass as I believe that is our best and least expensive option. We will be staying with a friend in Zurich, but traveling to other parts of Switzerland and into Italy. The first day we arrive we will be in Zurich, exploring and would like to visit some museums, etc. If I understand the way the pass works, I will not be offered free entry to museums, etc until I use my first free day of travel. Is that correct?

Also, we are planning to travel to Lugano and then on to the Como/Bellagio area of Italy. Could you please tell me how/what I need to do and purchase for that portion of the trip. We will be spending one day in that area.

Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated! thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    26 February 2012 at 6:11:14 #834952

Hi kathyp115, and welcome to the forum! Yes, you’ve understood correctly that the Swiss Flexi Pass, including the entrance to museums, is valid from the 1st day of free traveling onward.

The map we link to from the Swiss Flexi Pass page shows up to which station your Swiss Flexi Pass is valid when traveling to Italy. The pass is valid up to Chiasso, so you need to buy a regular ticket for the leg Chiasso-destination in Italy. You can purchase this ticket locally at the railway station of Lugano or, in some cases, online along with the order of your Swiss Flexi Pass; that depends on the reseller you choose. The timetable provides further details.

You probably didn’t miss it, but just to be sure: you can use the 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass since you’re traveling in April.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2012 at 13:09:29 #834953

Hi Annika,
    Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, I know about the special on the 4 day pass! That is a great deal and I will purchase it!
    Do you know the quickest way from Lugano to Bellagio? I think it may be by Bus to Mennagio and then ferry to Bellagio. I think the other option is train to Como and then bus to Bellagio.
    Thank you again!

Annika
    7104 posts
    26 February 2012 at 15:16:12 #834954

Hi kathyp115,

You can best use the timetable I linked to. It will automatically show the quickest options to travel.

• The thread ‘Swiss Flexi pass and travel to Italy’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.