Swiss Flexi Pass Fall 2011 promotion

• Arno
    15481 posts
    18 July 2011 at 13:44:32 #805051

Dear travelers,

Switzerland Travel Centre and Switzerland Travel Centre UK now offer a 30% discount on the 3-day Swiss Flexi Pass (for 1 traveler) and a 15% discount on the 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass (2 or more people traveling together). For details about the pass, prices and to purchase, please visit the Swiss Flexi Pass page.

Details about this offer:

• The passes can be used for traveling between September 1 and November 30, 2011.
    • The passes can be purchased through November 27, 2011.
    • Discounts are available for both 1st and 2nd class passes.
    • As always, your children travel along for free with the free STS Family Card. Passes for other children are reduced as well.
    • Please note the final travel date of November 30. Passes purchased on November 27, for example, are not valid for up to one month, but only through November 30. Besides this, all conditions and advantages of the regular Swiss Flexi Pass apply.
    • This offer is only for the 3-day Swiss Flexi Pass and 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass.
    • This offer is only available online, not in Switzerland.

Details, prices and purchase options

It depends on your country of residence whether this offer is suitable for you. Please visit the Swiss Flexi Pass page and enter your country, number of travelers and pass type to see all purchase options.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2011 at 2:43:45 #835260

hi if i want to post a question how do i do it

Arno
    15481 posts
    8 August 2011 at 3:34:04 #835261

If it’s about the offer, just post it right here tumtum. If not, please click “Swiss rail” at the top of this page and then “Start new topic”.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2011 at 15:36:40 #835262

Hi,

I’m looking at Swiss passes right now and came upon this post, which looks great – however, I have a few questions:

1. My friend and I are arriving in different parts of Switzerland, meeting up and traveling together, and then leaving separately. With the Flexi pass, could one of us use the pass on the first day without the other person present, or do both of us have to be on the train in order to use the pass?

2. On the Swiss Travel Centre site, how do I purchase a Saver Flexi pass? Do I just add 2 regular Flexi passes and they automatically become a Saver Flexi pass? It says that there’s an additional 15% on Saver Flexi passes, but when I put 2 Flexi passes into my basket, I only get the initial 15% “Saver” discount, so I’m not sure if the discount is applied later.

Thanks for your help!

Arno
    15481 posts
    14 August 2011 at 3:46:28 #835263

Hi mlygng,

Welcome here! As for your questions:

1. One of you can use the pass. The pass needs to be validated before boarding your first train. Passes purchased through Switzerland Travel Centre can be validated by yourself.

2. To purchase, add 2 adults on this page, then choose the same start date (between September 1 and November 30), class and validity (3 days), and you’ll see that a 30% discount will be applied.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2011 at 7:40:05 #835264

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your help! This forum is such a helpful resource for planning my trip 🙂

Have a lovely day!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2011 at 1:16:21 #835265

If I purchase this flexi pass, for 2 youths, is there any discount?

and to get the Swiss pass promo price for Pilatus and Schilthorn, do I have to use the “free days”?

Thank you.

Arno
    15481 posts
    17 August 2011 at 2:41:17 #835266

Hi Lion22. There is no youth variant of the Swiss Flexi Pass. Discounts on mountain transportation apply on both the free travel days and days in between. Enjoy!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2011 at 11:49:27 #835267

Hi,
    I ‘m keen to get the Swiss Flexi 3 Days pass for my trip 7 Oct-22Oct. Plan to use it for travel from 17-20 Oct for the unlimited travel.
    Would like to know if I can use the swiss pass on 15 Oct and other dates before 17 Oct for the 50% off cable rides for Mount Titlis and other bus trips . Also, I would like to get the special rate offer by flexi pass holder to go up to mount titlis at CH55.
    Possible to get it from this website as well? I live in Singapore, can you mail the ticket to me?

In addtion, I need some clarification on the BASEL station. I will be going from Interlaken to Basel into Baden on 20 Oct.
    Would my Swiss pass be able to provide me free ride from Interlaken to Basel Bad Bf. Or do i have to stop at SBB Basel. Alight and buy a germany ticket to go into Germany side of Basel station?

Thanks

Arno
    15481 posts
    19 August 2011 at 12:44:46 #835268

Hi ene1010.tan,

Welcome to our website! This offer is especially compelling to travelers from Europe. Since you’re based in Singapore, other (mostly lower) prices apply to you than to people from Europe. You can best take a look at the prices listed at the right side of the Swiss Flexi Pass page. You’ll find resellers there that do indeed ship to Singapore.

That page also explains how the pass works: the discounts days are the ones between the first and last free travel day. So you will not receive discounts on October 15 if your first free travel day is on October 17. The page links to a map that shows where the pass is valid. The pass is valid through Basel Bad Bf. It is not valid for the German leg of your trip. You can buy that ticket in Switzerland, or order it along with your pass.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2011 at 6:11:43 #835269

Hi
    Thanks for the reply.
    If I use the swiss pass on 15 Oct, is there any 50% discount to go up to Mount Titlis off their one day ski price off CH60?

Or is that CH60 already nett as there is no further discount for swiss flexi pass holder or any other card holder?

Or is the net price to swiss pass holder at CH55 (from the swiss pass ‘s excursion add-on) provided we activated and use the swiss pass for that day.

I am a little confused over the winter price on MT TITLIS website.
    Thanks

Annika
    7116 posts
    20 August 2011 at 6:20:21 #835270

Hello ene1010.tan. As far as I know, the Swiss Flexi Pass provides no further discounts to the already reduced winter fares, but if you want to be sure you could contact the Titlis personnel.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2011 at 10:02:10 #835271

Hi

I also reside in Singapore, however I can’t find any resellers that sell lower than the price I see in http://www.swisstravel system.com/ for the 3-day flexi pass. Can you pls advise? Otherwise, will it be possible to purchase from the website and get it delivered to my Singapore address or I can arrange for collection at Zurich airport?

Understand that there is this 30% discount for 3-day flexi pass, will there be additional discount for 2 travellers to go?

Also, with the Swiss Flexi pass, how can I find out the trains that are compulsory to make reservation and which are not? Do we need to book/reserve online for the trains we want to take, how can we do so with swiss pass?

I m looking at the train from Zurich airport to Interlaken on 21 Sep, it seems like the slot I am looking at has high occupancy, do i need to reserve beforehand? What are the reservation surcharges like?

Thank you for answering my numerous enquiries.

Arno
    15481 posts
    28 August 2011 at 10:27:19 #835272

Hi popdolcorn,

Welcome to our website! This offer is mainly of interest for travelers living in Europe. Slightly cheaper resellers are available to many other travelers. The easiest way to find out is to go to the Swiss Flexi Pass page and enter your country and number of travelers. You’ll get a list of all purchase options relevant to you. As you can see there, the cheapest option for you is TrainTicket.

Seat reservations are not necessary, except for a few panoramic trains. Details can be found here.

Does this help?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2011 at 11:24:26 #835273

hi, good day.
    this is sun from malaysia, am going to switzerland 17Sep to 20Sep, with my freind, total 2 of us.
    i am interested for this swiss flexi pass which with 30% discount. but i’ve doubt.
    can my uk friend purhcase on behalf since we cannot get here at malaysia? how long it’ll take if the pass send to her (london) by mail? or we can redeem it at rail station at Switzerland (1st stop at Basel SBB)

could you pls advise?

thanks in advance,
    Sun

Arno
    15481 posts
    28 August 2011 at 11:55:22 #835274

Hi Sun, thanks for dropping by on our website!

Yes, your friend can order for you, through Switzerland Travel Centre UK. In your specific case (both being from other countries), that would be the cheapest option. Your friend would need to order a 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass (assuming that you’ll be traveling together all the time). Of course you can order yourself that way as well, if you enter your friends name and address.

Shipping details are on the Swiss Flexi Pass page; it takes about 6 days to London.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2011 at 20:53:07 #835275

Hi,
    I am trying to purchase the swiss flexi pass for 2 adults for 3 days starting on 10/09/2011. Ilive in UK. I have the following questions:
    1) You have said over and above the 30% off promotional offer, there is 15% more discount on Swiss saver flexi pass.

During the promotion period there will be an additional reduction of 15% on the standard rate of the 3-Day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass (from 2 persons)

However even after choosing the same date for both adults and all details being same, I do not get any further discount from the special price of GBP 111/ person.

Can you please tell if there is an option to get further 15% discount or I misintrpreted the information?

2) If I choose the start date as 10/09/2011 – does it state the start date of the one month period? I want to use it for free travel on 10/09,11/09 and 13/09 and discounted travel on 12/09. So, should I select 10/09 as the start date?

3) Can you please tell if I can still avail the 25% discount on Grindenwald – Jngfrau root on 12th when I am not planning to use the flexi pass as the free travel day? Also if I plan to use my flexi pass for Schilthorn cable car can I still avail the 50% discount if the day is 12th – when I am not planning to use it for free travel?

Arno
    15481 posts
    29 August 2011 at 23:51:08 #835276

Hi arin.ray,

1) The regular price for a 2nd class 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass is GBP 135.15 per person. That is 15% off the normal Swiss Flexi Pass. On top of that, you now get more than 15% off that price, which results in GBP 111 per person. That’s the prie you would see if you order on this page. You can verify if you pick a date in December, for example. The price will go up then.

2) Yes, 10/09/2011 would be the first free travel day of a period of up to one month.

3) Yes, you’ll get the discounts on the days in between free travel days as well.

Enjoy your traveling!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2011 at 7:22:00 #835277

Hi Arno

Thank you for your reply. With regards to the previous enquiry, I did see TrainTicket offering the cheapest price, however it certainly is much more expensive than the 173CHF 3-day flexi saver pass! Can you advise if there are other cheaper alternatives… or if it is possible to purchase this 3-day flexi saver pass anywhere at Zurich airport? Two of us will be arriving on 21 sep, will like to know if 173CHF deal will be still ongoing then?

We are intending to use the Flexi saver pass on 21 Sep, 24 Sep and 25 Sep. Will like to know if we are able to purchase or join this Mt Titlis excursion on 22 Sep (on our non-free travel day) from this website: http://traintickets.myswitzerland.com/activities/mount-titlis/index.html

Thank you for your assistance.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2011 at 7:38:59 #835278

Hi Arno

1). Can I also clarify one more thing. For the Swiss Flexi pass, understand the validity of the pass is one month, eg I decide to use the pass on 21, 24 and 25 Sep. Will the discounted transports still be applicable all the way till 20 Oct? Or it will end after I utilise the pass on the 25Sep?

Thank you for clarifying.

2). Also, can I know where do I refer for the price of the round-trip ticket to Jungfraujoch, holding a Swiss pass? We are intending to go Jungfraujoch on one of the days we are not utilising swisspass for free travelling. Pls let us know the website to refer for the pricing. We are intending to go from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch.

3). And for the train from Interlaken to Geneva (which is a part of Golden Pass route), is there a need to make reservation if we want to get the window seats? If yes, how can we do so and what are the surcharges applicable?

Thank you once again!

Arno
    15481 posts
    30 August 2011 at 13:45:22 #835279

Hi popdolcorn,

Perhaps I don’t understand your question about the prices, but all you have to do is select your country, pass and travelers on the Swiss Flexi Pass page, and all prices will be listed there, including all details about shipping options etc. TrainTicket offers the lowest price in your case: EUR 322 (CHF 366.49). Purchasing in Switzerland (e.g. at the airport) costs much more, CHF 432, as you can see there as well. These are all the options. Is there anything not clear about this overview?

The page also explains how the pass works: it’s valid from the first free travel day to the last free travel day, which are up to one month apart. You’ll get discounts on days in between. The map shows which discounts you get. The prices for the Jungfrau region are on jungfrau.ch.

The reservation page explains how to find out whether seats need to be booked, and how to do it. It’s not necessary for 99% of all trains. It’s not necessary for the regular trains on the Golden Pass line as well, it’s only required if you select the offical Golden Pass panoramic train.

Regarding the Titlis excursion: you can buy the tickets at the valley station. You can’t order through the website you mentioned; they do not ship to Singapore. Switzerland Travel Centre can sell it to you if you want, but I would not recommend that as you’ll pay separate shipping costs in that case.

I hope this answers your questions!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • The thread ‘Swiss Flexi Pass Fall 2011 promotion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.