Swiss flexi pass questions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 June 2012 at 23:47:02 #805410

Hi there,
    We intend to visit Switzerland between 10-20 August. The itinerary is: Luzern (2 nights), Bern (3 nights), Geneva(3 nights), Zurich (2 nights). We also intend to do day trips from Luzern to Pilatus (golden round trip: Lucerne – Alpnachstad – Pilatus Kulm – Kriens) and from Geneva to Laussane and Montreux with paddle steamer. My questions are:
    – if we select the day for unlimited travel the day for golden round trip, are the transportation costs going to be covered by Swiss Flexi Pass or just 50% of the cost can be saved?
    – Are the paddle steamer on Lake Geneva, Lake Luzern, Lake Zurich included (with no aditional costs) if we chose these days for unlimited travel?
    – When do we need to decide what are the days for unlimited travel? When buying the passes or on the selected days?
    – With no connection with Swiss pass, I’ve found some information that all Geneva steamers tours are cancelled for this year due to a mechanical problem. Do you know anything about this? Are there any other ways to have a boat trip on Geneva lake this summer? Will these be covered entirely by Swiss Flexi Pass?
    Thank you for your help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    30 June 2012 at 5:40:47 #836549

Hello dafyda, and welcome the forum! The Swiss Flexi Pass seems to be the best option for your plans. You can decide which days to use as free travel days on the spot, before boarding your first train, bus or boat that day. All you have to do is fill out the date on your pass or have it stamped at a railway station. Further information, including a downloadable validity map showing which routes are for free on a free travel day and which are discounted, can be found at the Swiss Flexi Pass page. As for the Golden Round trip: boat, bus and rail sections will be for free on a free travel day; mountain transportation between Alpnachtstad and Pilatus and between Kriens and Pilatus is discounted by 50%. Boats on the lakes you mentioned are covered on free travel days (except for some special dinner or celebration trips).

I haven’t been able to confirm your information on the boats at lake Geneva. The summer timetable that can be downloaded from the CGN website doesn’t mention this, nor does Geneva Tourism. Where did you read about this? You could contact CGN or Geneva Tourism just to be sure.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2012 at 10:10:35 #836550

Hello Annika and thank you for your reply.
    Can you please confirm that in order to have discount transportation between 10-20 August, I must consider first and last days as unlimited travel days on my Swiss Flexi Pass? The pass does not cover the period after the last day of unlimited travel, even though it is used for less than a month, right?
    As for steamers on Geneva Lake, it was a mistake, only one lunch steamer does not operate cruises, not all of them.

Kind regards,
    dafyda

Annika
    7104 posts
    3 July 2012 at 14:37:57 #836551

Hello dafyda. That’s right, a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass is valid from the first up to the last free travel day, but not before or after.

• The thread ‘Swiss flexi pass questions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.