Swiss half fare card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2010 at 8:50:53 #803786

like some of the others in this forum … i am confused as well!!! i have a few questions about the swiss half fare card:
    – it says valid for one month but can it be used a limited number of days in a month?
    – do children (aged less than 12 in my case) travel free on the mountain trains?
    tx
    jd

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    21 April 2010 at 11:11:20 #831129

Hi jd. We’re here to help, no problem. As for your questions:

• The Swiss Half Fare Card allows purchasing as many discounted tickets as you want, during a full month, on all days;
    • If you order along a free Family Card, your children travel along for free on all trains, buses, boats and mountain transportation as indicated on the Swiss Travel System network map. A link to the map can be found on the Swiss Half Fare Card page. Further details and ordering options can be found there as well.

Please feel free to post any further questions. Enjoy your traveling!

• The thread ‘Swiss half fare card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.