Swiss Half Fare Card

Swiss Half Fare Card

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
frank
frank
1 post
Oct 16, 2013 - 6:29 AM
hi,

my fd and i will visit Zurich in November. the flight arriving to Zurich is very late at 10pm. I wanna buy Swiss Half Fare Card upon arrival in Zurich train station. May I know how late the airport train office operate? or can i order the card online before traveling?

thx
Arno
Arno
7728 posts
expert &
Oct 16, 2013 - 7:01 AM
Hi Frank,

You can get the Swiss Half Fare Card from the webshop of the Swiss Railways. See here for all details. According to sbb.ch the sales office will close at 10:30 PM.

Enjoy your stay in Switzerland!
ijas22
ijas22
1 post
Oct 20, 2013 - 3:24 AM
I am travelling with a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children aged 5, 11 and 12) and wish to purchase Swiss Half Fare card for the whole family. As stated in your website, it says children travel along is free. Does that means that If I were to purchase Swiss Half Fare card, my children will travel by train and boat for free? How about purchasing tickets to the mountains - will there be a 50% discount if I have a valid Swiss Half Fare card?

Does the pass also consider as Swiss Family card?
Arno
Arno
7728 posts
expert &
Oct 20, 2013 - 11:41 AM
Hello ijas22,

If you request for a free Swiss Family Card while purchasing your Swiss Half Fare Cards for the adults, your children will travel along for free in trains, boats, buses and mountain transport. The adults get a 50% discount on all transportation marked on the map, which can be downloaded from here.

Have a great time!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016