Swiss Half Fare Card

• taycg
    Participant
    9 posts
    16 April 2015 at 13:22:32 #807088

My wife, two kids (10 & 15 years old) and I are visiting Switzerland in Jun 2015.

I was trying to make an online order for the Swiss Half Fare Card, thinking that I need to buy 2 Half Fare Cards. One for my wife and one for myself, and the 2 kids travel free with us using the Swiss Travel System Family Card.

However when I selected Yes for the Swiss Travel System Family Card, I was asked to enter a name for Companion and two names for child.

Does that mean I only need to buy one Swiss Half Fare Card for use by both my wife and I?

The Swiss Travel System Family Card is also valid for my wife and not just for kids? I don’t need to buy another Swiss Half Fare Card for my wife?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 April 2015 at 15:22:30 #842525

Hi taycg,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You do need a Swiss Half Fare Card for each adult. So two in your case. I am not sure which website you used, but I recommend raileurope.com.sg/pass /swiss-half-fare-card because you live in Singapore. You simply fill out 2 adults and 2 ‘Child in Family Card’. Names will be asked for all travelers because these will be printed on the pass.

Other websites selling Swiss Half Fare Cards can be found on myswissalps.com/ swisshalffarecard/pric e.

Does this help you out?

taycg
    Participant
    9 posts
    16 April 2015 at 15:29:38 #842526

Hi Arno,

Thank you very much for the prompt response and help.

Yes, you clarified my doubts. I shall go to the Singapore website. Anyway the website I visited earlier was https://www.sbb.ch/ticketshop/b2c/artikelspezSTS.do

Best wishes,

Tay

taycg
    Participant
    9 posts
    16 April 2015 at 15:42:48 #842527

Hi Arno,

One other question.

For the Swiss Travel Pass Flex with Family card, on days I choose not to make use of the day-credit in the Swiss Travel Pass Flex. Do my kids still travel free?

Best wishes,

Tay

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 April 2015 at 16:47:02 #842528

Hi Tay,

The Family Card is only valid when the children travel along with the adults who use the Swiss Travel Pass Flex. That’s only the case during the free travel days. If you take the Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi, the adults get 50% off all tickets on non-free travel days, and in that case the children can travel along for free as well.

For prices, please check raileurope.com.sg/pass /swiss-pass and raileurope.com.sg/ pass/swiss-travel-pass-half-fare-card. Extensive pass details can be found on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpassflex.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2015 at 21:13:37 #842529

Hi

I am planning to visit Zurich during summer holidays enroute to India for 2 full days. Can you please guide which train pass should I buy? what are the best places to cover during 2 days. i want to see Interlaken lake, mount titlis and another top of the world mountain along with small town trips around Lucerne. Please advise for the right train pass for 2 adutls and 2 kids 8 and 12 years.

thanks

Shailja

Annika
    7104 posts
    17 April 2015 at 13:59:14 #842530

Hi Shailja,

Can you please open a new topic for this, as requested in the forum rules? Thanks!

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.