Swiss Half Fare Card (1month) from RailEurope

Swiss Half Fare Card (1month) from RailEurope

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
your18
your18
1 post
Apr 24, 2015 - 3:01 AM

HI

I would like to know how do i go about buying train tickets using this Swiss Half Fare Card (1month) on both SBB website as well as RailEurope website.

Or actually the only way to use this Swiss Half Fare Card (1month) is to buy the tickets at the train station presenting the Swiss Half Fare Card?

I bought this Swiss Half Fare Card (1month) from Rail Europe Singapore.

And i am quite confused in the method of buying the train tickets as there are no clear instructions on how to use the Swiss Half Fare Card (1month).

I tried using SBB website. There is a box with the option "Half fare travel card 1/2/3 years but the half fare card i have is 1month.

Qns - Can i actually choose this option and buy the train ticket at half price?

As for Rail Europe website under train tickets, there is no option of Swiss Half Fare Card (1month), only Swiss Pass + Half Fare

I will be travelling from Milan to Wengen on 15th May 2015

Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Apr 24, 2015 - 5:33 AM

Hi your18,

You can find the instructions on the Swiss Half Fare Card page. The simplest way is to just go to the station, buy a discounted ticket from the counter or the machine, and board the train. You don't need to do that in advance. The only exception is trains that require seat reservations. In Switzerland, that's only a hand full of tourist trains such as the Glacier Express. Trains to neighboring countries usually require them too. So in your case, all you need to arrange for in advance is a ticket with seat reservation for the leg Domodossola (Swiss border) to Milan. You can find them here. You can choose the 1/2/3 year option on the SBB site if you wish, but not for tickets to Germany and Austria.

Last modified on Apr 24, 2015 - 5:36 AM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016