Swiss Half Fare Card tickets for children?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2016 at 21:58:08 #809356

We will be in Switzerland from Jul 11 to Jul 19 and i am trying to determine which is the best pass to buy (Swiss half far vs full).We are 2 adults and 2 children(ages 7 and 3). We will be using the train system extensively. We are also planning excursions to Pilatus and JungFraujoch.

If I buy 2 half fare cards and Swiss Family Card for my son aged 7 do i just need to buy 2 adult tickets for those excursions ? I am thinking for my 7 year old i can use swiss family card and 3 year old is free.

I also put in the itinierary in the Spreadsheet but i need to confirm how many tickets i actually need to buy. 2 adults or 2 adults plus 1 child to give me best choice.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    5 June 2016 at 8:13:39 #852641

Hi gtravel78,

Indeed the 3 year old travels for free. Both the Swiss Half Fare Card and Swiss Travel Pass allow you to order along the free Swiss Family Card for your 7 year old. You do not need anything else for the children.

So with the Swiss Half Fare Card you only buy 50% discounted tickets for the adults. With the Swiss Travel Pass you don’t need any tickets at all, except for most mountain excursions, where you’ll get a discount as well.

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card tickets for children?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.