Swiss Half Fare Card special for September 2016?

Swiss Half Fare Card special for September 2016?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
JennO
JennO
3 posts
May 4, 2016 - 1:19 AM

Hi there, can someone please advise if it is possible that the Swiss Half Fare card could go on special or be reduced in price prior to September 2016. If so, how would i know about it. At this stage I will be buying ticket from Australia from the Rail Europe website?

Kind regards

JennO

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
May 4, 2016 - 6:48 AM

Hi JennO,welcome to MySwissAlps!

There haven't been many promotions for the Swiss Half Fare Card over the past years. But if a discount comes along, you'll find it in the "Promotions" section of our Swiss Half Fare Card page, in our general Promotions overview and we'll post it in the forum. If you set your account to receive forum update mails, you'll be notified automatically.

Purchase options can be found here. As you'll see, buying from www.swissrailways.com/ en is currently cheaper than using www.raileurope.com.au. If you choose "Online ticket" when asked for delivery options, you'll get a print at home pass without any additional shipping or handling fees.

JennO
JennO
3 posts
May 4, 2016 - 7:51 AM in reply to Annika

Thank you Anika,

I have just tried the site you suggested. Although it says there is a paperless option available later in the ordering process I get right to the credit card payment details and it still does not give me the option of paperless. Perhaps I am missing it somewhere?

To have them delivered to Australia is very expensive and by the time they say they will post them, we will have already left.

Regards

Jennifer

Arno
Arno
7720 posts
expert &
May 4, 2016 - 2:02 PM in reply to JennO

Hi Jennifer,

I think you're indeed missing it; the paperless option is definitely available. Just go to www.swissrailways.com/ en and fill out the requested information. The "Online Ticket" option will become available in the bottom of the list of delivery options, after you've filled out your address. If you want to receive it on any specific date you can request for that in the Notes field, and they'll take care of it.

Did it work for you now?

Last modified on May 4, 2016 - 2:04 PM by Arno
JennO
JennO
3 posts
May 4, 2016 - 10:47 PM in reply to Arno

Hello Arno

Yes now it has worked Thank you very much.

kind regards

Jenn

Last modified on May 4, 2016 - 10:47 PM by JennO
Arno
Arno
7720 posts
expert &
May 5, 2016 - 1:27 PM in reply to JennO

Thanks for letting me know. Enjoy your trip!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016