Swiss Half Fare Pass

• stevemcdonald
    Participant
    42 posts
    29 May 2012 at 23:05:38 #805314

Purchased 2 half-fare passes for June 17 – July 16 from US – received them via DHL today. When I bought them over the internet several weeks ago I registered the names, and the paperwork that came with them had those names, but nothing is printed on the passes themselves. Do we have to put our names on them, or sign them?

Thanks,
    Steve

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    30 May 2012 at 14:02:53 #836269

Hi Steve,

Where did you purchase your passes? I know that passes issued by Switzerland Travel Centre indeed have to be filled out by yourself. There are usually some blank lines on the pass to fill out your name, country of residence and passport number.

stevemcdonald
    Participant
    42 posts
    31 May 2012 at 22:09:17 #836270

Right, thank you – I did buy them through STC. I see the blanks – just not very big! They also replied to my email question:

Please put name and passport number on the Swiss Half Fare Card so the card is valid to purchase train tickets with half fare.

Kind regards

Backoffice

STC Switzerland Travel Centre AG
    Binzstrasse 38 CH-8045 Zürich
    Phone +41 (0) 43 210 55 00
    Fax +41 (0) 43 210 55 01
    [email protected] http://www.stc.ch

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.