Swiss half fare pass or 2-country multi-day pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2016 at 5:26:48 #809513

Hi there,

I am newbie here and try to figure out Which pass I should choose.

my plan:

– Paris to Interlaken by train

– staying Interlaken area for few days

– Interlaken to Zurich by train

so Is it worth to buy a Swiss half fare pass? I know it offers 50% off travel on most trains within Switzerland, how is working on Paris to Interlaken?

Also, if I buy the ticket with half fare pass in person, will the price in counter higher than buying online in advance?

thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    23 June 2016 at 7:21:36 #853371

Welcome to MySwissAlps Mttzz!

You don’t need a 2-country pass as you will only be doing a single trip in France. You can buy a separate ticket to to Basel (the border) from the websites listed here. From Basel, the Swiss Half Fare Card or any other Swiss train pass will work. You can print the card at home to save time (see here). Tickets can then be purchased from the machines or the staffed ticket office. Prices of such tickets are the same online or on the spot.

Which pass is best depends on what your plans are in the Interlaken area. Please see here for how to choose.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2016 at 15:53:11 #853372

Thank you so much, Arno.

• The thread ‘Swiss half fare pass or 2-country multi-day pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.