Swiss Half Fare Card, where to buy from?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2017 at 3:54:22 #811108

Good day,

I wanted to purchase the Swiss Half Fare Pass for 3 days travelling in Switzerland. I surveyed the price via the SBB CFF online ticket shop but i noticed that the price quoted is CFH185. I compared the price with the Swissrailways.com, the price is CHF120.

Of course i’ld prefer the lower price but my concern is the price might me outdated or i might missed any any additional cost, hence the price diff with the SBB CFF web.

Appreciate if anyone could kindly assist to confirm which is the actual price?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    18 March 2017 at 8:14:11 #860183

Hi Irliana,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The product you need is called Swiss Half Fare Card. The websites you can buy it from are listed on myswissalps.com/swissh alffarecard/price. You do not need the SBB website, except to check train schedules. It’s a domestic site and they show products for Swiss residents, hence the difference in products and prices. Their tourist web shop is http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. That’s where you can buy the Swiss Half Fare Card for CHF 120, and print it at home (select “Online Ticket” when they present the delivery options).

Does this help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2017 at 17:38:27 #860184

Hello Annika 🙂

Your respond is so helpful

With Swiss Half Fare Pass; if i purchased tickets from Stechelberg to Schilthorn, can I exit at the Villages; Gimmerlward, Murren, Borg, to explore them? OR the ticket i bought with Half Fare Pass does not allow me to break my trip?

Appreciate if you could guide me on this

thank you so much in advance!

Good day! ~Helen

Arno
    15482 posts
    18 March 2017 at 18:08:53 #860185

Hi Helen,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The ticket allows you to break your trip (within the same day), no problem! Note that we are discussing the Swiss Half Fare Card here, not a pass.

If you mean Birg (not Borg): this is not a village but a cable car stop half way up the Schilthorn. The view is wonderful there too, so definitely worth a stop.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2017 at 4:01:28 #860186

Arno

Your replies are perfect. Good job

Thanks for helping us all with our enquires so diligently

Arxoo

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2017 at 6:30:52 #860187

Dear Arno,

thank you so much for your swift response. it’s super helpful.

million thanks,

cheers!

Irliana

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2017 at 7:35:13 #860188

Good day!

I have another question, where can we purchase the Swiss Half Fare Pass other than from the online?

Would we be required to present any identification and/or other documents i.e. photo for the purchase?

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

Cheers!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2017 at 8:13:20 #860189

Hi Irliana,

You can also buy the Swiss Half Fare Card at train stations in Switzerland. The buying options are listed here. You won’t need to present a ‘photo’ for use with the card or ID. It’s more convenient to buy online though: you can print the card at home without queuing at a ticket office. Plus, you will have a copy in case you lose it.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2017 at 8:02:40 #860190

Hi again Irliana,

A quick update! You will need an ID for each traveler using a rail pass. This may be checked on board occasionally as well.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card, where to buy from?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.